Tom13

Seventeen goals in all competitions, twelve in fourteen in the league for the U23s, four in three for the U18s in the FA Youth Cup, and one in one for the first team in the FA Cup.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the injuries to Trezeguet and Grealish give him a chance of getting onto the bench for our next one.

Would be great to see a few of them get a run now, good for their development and sensible to assess them at top level before we go back into the market. Age doesn’t matter, if they’re ready they’re ready. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Would be great to see a few of them get a run now, good for their development and sensible to assess them at top level before we go back into the market. Age doesn’t matter, if they’re ready they’re ready. 

I think the opportunities might be there just because we're short on numbers. It'll be good to see regardless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the injuries to Trezeguet and Grealish give him a chance of getting onto the bench for our next one.

You’ve seen more than me, but JPB has been around first team squad. Do you think Barry jumps him?

36 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

You’ve seen more than me, but JPB has been around first team squad. Do you think Barry jumps him?

I think Barry looks a fantastic prospect but I think he needs some physical development before he plays men's football.  He is slight in build and cramped up reasonably early on in the Liverpool FA  Cup game.  I think the big question for the coaches is whether he is ready to go out on loan next season or whether he should stay at BH for another year and get on a programme with Ollie Stevenson to build him up a bit.  He is still so young.

It would be JPB for me every time.

• Like 3

Out of all the U23s, Barry looks like the one who could make the 1st team bench AND do a job with 15-20min of games to go. He looks to have filled out a bit, he’s quick, and he seems to mostly come in off the left.....a role we need filling. Oh, and he clearly knows how to put the ball in the net. I really think we should be seeing him on our bench in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Serious talent. Ive heard the term serious talent/prospect many times with luke/stefan moore, delfonueso etc. Anyone know how barry compares to those at that age?

all the names you noted scored a lot of goals at youth level.

I suppose its the age old thing, many players show potential in youth, but few progress that potential to reality.

20 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Serious talent. Ive heard the term serious talent/prospect many times with luke/stefan moore, delfonueso etc. Anyone know how barry compares to those at that age?

Similar to the Moore brothers isnt it. They were scoring goals at this sort of rate in the fa youth cup. They generally took well to being introduced to the first team too, but both probably missed that extra 10% of quality that might have seen them have premier league careers.

Remember them dominating the two leg youth cup final v everton, which Rooney scored in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

all the names you noted scored a lot of goals at youth level.

I suppose its the age old thing, many players show potential in youth, but few progress that potential to reality.

Our aim, I believe, should be to get one decent first team squad player out of the academy every year (or at least a decent fee).

It seems like we have a real shot of overachieving with this current bunch.

The hardest part is keeping their feet on the ground.  I am hoping that the characters that we seem to have around the first team - Jack, SJM, Ollie, Mings etc. - who all appear good blokes, can help with this.  🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Similar to the Moore brothers isnt it. They were scoring goals at this sort of rate in the fa youth cup. They generally took well to being introduced to the first team too, but both probably missed that extra 10% of quality that might have seen them have premier league careers.

Remember them dominating the two leg youth cup final v everton, which Rooney scored in

Its all about luck of the manager at the time as well as quality though, Moore brothers and Delfouneso were all more talented than Gabby but Gabby had a greater career by a long distance. Gabby got lucky though he came through with a direct manager like MON who used his greatest asset

• Like 3

Unleash a couple of them against albion.

Would like  to see kesler and  Barry 

In my view kesler should be on the bench ahead of elmo. Elmos finished here we  need to be looking at the future  now 

• Like 1

Give him a run out. Season is done.

As well as the physical side he did look very raw , trying to run everyone all the time so I am not saying he is ready...but hey instead of moping about a dreary end to the season give us something to shout about Deano.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Unleash a couple of them against albion.

Would like  to see kesler and  Barry 

In my view kesler should be on the bench ahead of elmo. Elmos finished here we  need to be looking at the future  now 

Baggies could put 6 past us on there current form, will you be calling them put like you did Ramsey last game? 

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Baggies could put 6 past us on there current form, will you be calling them put like you did Ramsey last game? 

Ramsey escapes criticism in your eyes for the mistake that lead to the liverpool winner?

Hw moved out of the way of the ball he was rightly criticised for that.

And also just  because onw youngster plays bad doesnt mean the other will, will it?

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ramsey escapes criticism in your eyes for the mistake that lead to the liverpool winner?

Hw moved out of the way of the ball he was rightly criticised for that.

And also just  because onw youngster plays bad doesnt mean the other will, will it?

Lot difference between criticism and calling somebody lame which you did and yes young players are immune from criticism up to a point considering they are still learning 

Who is to say it wont happen to Barry or Kesler if they cost us a game

Â