Tom13

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

We have to be patient. The step up to the premier league is massive. He's still got a boys body. He's a few years off for sure. He scores for fun at this level but so did these players below( They never really set the Premier league on fire)

Oliver McBurnie 29 goals in 32 games
Eddie Nketiah 27 goals in 37 games
Lukas Nmecha 26 goals in 33 games
Aaron Connolly 25 goals in 35 games

To right.

But our best youth prospects that went on to great things, (Gareth Barry , Jack) got in the side as teenagers.....

And it's not like we have an abundancy of players ahead of him , in that position.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

We have to be patient. The step up to the premier league is massive. He's still got a boys body. He's a few years off for sure. He scores for fun at this level but so did these players below( They never really set the Premier league on fire)

Agree with your point generally but it’s a bit early to be using Nketiah and Connolly as warnings - both look great at this level and I think will go on to be fantastic PL players.

As so many have said the coaches will judge what’s best for him (youth team, loan, training with our first team, place on the bench). But the fact he looked good vs Liverpool shows he can compete at this level.

The other thing for me though is longevity and as you say his body which is clearly not yet a man’s body. They have to make decisions now that mean he is able to play until he’s 35 - not throw him in now just because he’s ‘ready’ if it means he’s kicked to bits and done by his late 20s. Again, coaching staff will be working on that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, messi11 said:

3 of those 4 are premier league strikers and the other one is scoring for fun as the main striker of Anderlecht. I do agree with your point to an extent but generally speaking if you're the main striker for the u23s at an early age you're going to have a good career in football. He's certainly going to have more chance than the strikers that have come before, since Delfouneso. 

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Barry should be backup for Watkins ahead of Keinan and Wesley

Walk before you can run, he has time and so do we, don't need to rush him, trust the process put in place by the coaching team we've purposefully assembled, it'll come when he's ready

And judging by the boot pic he can't walk at the moment anyway... 

On 28/01/2021 at 12:40, birdman said:

That boot doesnt bode well. Some physio on twitter thinks it might be achilles injury. 

I had the exact same boot for my achillies injury and I've seen a few NBA players wear them for the same injury. 

From my limited knowledge it would seem a concern that someone as young as him ruptured his achillies. 

Edited by DCJonah

Just now, MaVilla said:

so how bad can achilles injuries be??

18 months if he actually tore it. Just can't see it though. At his age and weight to do his achilles would be the freak of all injuries. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Twitter seem to think he's out for 2 months.

Twitter thinks a lot of things so I wouldn't bet my house on it.

well, 2 months would be better than the 18 months mentioned above :(

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

well, 2 months would be better than the 18 months mentioned above :(

Looking at the boot and that timeline I'm thinking broken foot or a bad sprain. 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Twitter seem to think he's out for 2 months.

Twitter thinks a lot of things so I wouldn't bet my house on it.

I wouldn't bet on my next fart not being a shart if its on twitter 🌬️

Edited by Steero113

Â