January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that 90 percent or more of us had no clue who the likes of Pukki was (And seemingly a host of teams/managers) proves this.

I crapped myself every time he had the ball up front ffs. Deadly.

I actually think that players from the Nordic countries will adapt more easily in the PL than from other European countries. Problem is finding the quality players. But history shows quite a few. From Norway, we had Solskjaer, Flo, Carew and King, all strikers who have done well for their clubs. Iceland had Gudjohnsson and Finland had Litmannen and now Pukki. Also some quality players including several that did not start in the PL. From Sweden: Brolin, Henke Larsson, Zlatan, Ljungberg, Schwarz, Dahlin, Källström etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Fulham aren't gonna sell Mitrovic to us in Jan for anything but obscene money, if they are even willing to sell him at all. The gains they would make and the losses they would avoid from gtting promoted after only one season in the Championship would be enormous and they clearly think Mitrovic is central to that. Normally, I'd say he's a 30million pound striker but at this point he's far more valuable to Fulham than that.

I’m not sure fulham are in a financial position where they can afford to turn down around £30m for any player - they spent hugely last season and failed 

only time will tell . 

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

I actually think that players from the Nordic countries will adapt more easily in the PL than from other European countries. Problem is finding the quality players. But history shows quite a few. From Norway, we had Solskjaer, Flo, Carew and King, all strikers who have done well for their clubs. Iceland had Gudjohnsson and Finland had Litmannen and now Pukki. Also some quality players including several that did not start in the PL. From Sweden: Brolin, Henke Larsson, Zlatan, Ljungberg, Schwarz, Dahlin, Källström etc.

In the mid 90s there were just an oscene amount of Norwegian players in English football. Wouldn't be surprised if we're talking close to 30 players. 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Evert Maeschalck v Mendes......not much difference is there Dave?

I don't know the inner workings of the Wolves project, but it has worked for them.

but equally, when they Value Traore as they did and we only see him as one trick pony, with nothing to offer ......It tells you more about their talents for valueing players too.

I think you missed the point. I wasn’t comparing agents. 

Just now, Eastie said:

I’m not sure fulham are in a financial position where they can afford to turn down around £30m for any player - they spent hugely last season and failed 

only time will tell . 

Pretty sure they can. The money they will get from getting to the PL is gonna be worth way more than the 30m we would pay for Mitrovic plus all the added bonuses of not having to financially suffer through another season of the Championship as players continue to jump ship and parachute payments reduce. Furthermore, Shahid Khan is very rich last I checked, he may not be willing to spend like crazy again, but that doesn't mean he'll be forced to sell his players if someone offerred money like that. Now, FFP may be an issue but they'll probably be gambling that they can get to the PL to get around that. If they don't, they'll just sell Mitrovic for 30m in the Summer instead of January,

I think a few cut priced deals or loans for expierenced leaders would be a master stroke. It’s all good buying kids but they’re inconsistent as confidence evaporates when it’s getting tough. 

As has been shown by us and to some degree Chelsea kids blow hot and cold. We’re all righting off players that looked good 8 weeks ago. You need hardened pros to drag them through it or take control in the 10 mins where nothing is bouncing your way etc. 

A Glenn Whelan type deal wouldn’t be the worst thing, look at post Mings how defensively poor we’ve been. Mings is also very vocal with the players round him. One of those types in cm would really add steak to us

10 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Is a bunch of talented young Scandinavian players about currently. Most of them are out of our reach or have just moved this year thou.

Wouldn't have minded any out of Robert Skov, Erling Haaland, Alexander Isak, Sander Berge, Dejan Kulusevski and Martin Ödegaard to name a few

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Is a bunch of talented young Scandinavian players about currently. Most of them are out of our reach or have just moved this year thou.

Wouldn't have minded any out of Robert Skov, Erling Haaland, Alexander Isak, Sander Berge, Dejan Kulusevski and Martin Ödegaard to name a few

Yes, the problem is that we don't have time to let them develop if we buy then before they make it. Just look at Martin Ødegaard, who has been given 5 years by Real Madrid before he might join their first team next season. And most of the other young players who come right from the Nordic leagues are a gamble.

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

Yes, the problem is that we don't have time to let them develop if we buy then before they make it. Just look at Martin Ødegaard, who has been given 5 years by Real Madrid before he might join their first team next season. And most of the other young players who come right from the Nordic leagues are a gamble.

The gap between us and Real Madrid is pretty epic thou, and they signed him when he was 15. 

Fulham will probably feel they still have a chance of automatic promotion, they're nine points off Leeds which sounds a lot but it isn't really in the championship especially at the top end of the table, and especially when chasing Leeds who have a tendency to drop off in the new year, for example at this stage last season after 25 games Leeds were ten points ahead of Sheffield United.

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

I would look at some experience to come in on loan. If we gamble on expensive signings and will go down, we will end up in a similar position to a few years ago. We are weak in the center mid roles and I would look there first. 

We are weak in centre mid, defensive mid, wingers, centre forward, centre halves, fullbacks take your pick. Goals will keep up though!!

49 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Pretty sure they can. The money they will get from getting to the PL is gonna be worth way more than the 30m we would pay for Mitrovic plus all the added bonuses of not having to financially suffer through another season of the Championship as players continue to jump ship and parachute payments reduce. Furthermore, Shahid Khan is very rich last I checked, he may not be willing to spend like crazy again, but that doesn't mean he'll be forced to sell his players if someone offerred money like that. Now, FFP may be an issue but they'll probably be gambling that they can get to the PL to get around that. If they don't, they'll just sell Mitrovic for 30m in the Summer instead of January,

Fulham with or without mitrovic will not be getting to the premier league again come May in my opinion 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think a few cut priced deals or loans for expierenced leaders would be a master stroke. It’s all good buying kids but they’re inconsistent as confidence evaporates when it’s getting tough. 

As has been shown by us and to some degree Chelsea kids blow hot and cold. We’re all righting off players that looked good 8 weeks ago. You need hardened pros to drag them through it or take control in the 10 mins where nothing is bouncing your way etc. 

A Glenn Whelan type deal wouldn’t be the worst thing, look at post Mings how defensively poor we’ve been. Mings is also very vocal with the players round him. One of those types in cm would really add steak to us

You mean..... our midfield needs beefing up? I wonder if Norwich would be interested in selling us Trybull

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

We are weak in centre mid, defensive mid, wingers, centre forward, centre halves, fullbacks take your pick. Goals will keep up though!!

Yes, they will, but if we aren't getting balls into the right areas it doesn't matter who we have as a forward, he isn't going to score.

The centers mids prop up the forward line, while covering the defensive line. At the moment, they are too weak and they are sitting deeper and deeper and aren't really supporting the forward line too well.