January Transfers 2019/20

sne

33 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

In addition to everyone's wish list of striker and winger. I would opt for  Nemanja Matic for some strength and experience in the midfield. 31yo but could do 2 or 3 years for us, also wants first team football he wont be getting at Utd. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Really could do with somebody like him....our midfield is so weak.

Weren't we interested in Rafael Leao at one point?

Can't imagine he'll get much time at AC Milan now that Zlatan is signing for them.

Not had a good season but at least he is rapid, maybe a loan with option to buy if he performs?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Weren't we interested in Rafael Leao at one point?

Can't imagine he'll get much time at AC Milan now that Zlatan is signing for them.

Not had a good season but at least he is rapid, maybe a loan with option to buy if he performs?

I didn't even realise he had left Lille.

On 24/12/2019 at 16:23, Villan4Life said:

we should look at 17 year old Ricky-Jade Jones of Peterborough United

Very exciting player and can play as midfielder also as a striker.

He certainly should be looking in this type of area.....especially if he has pace, like Vardy.

Not as mainstream, but one for the future.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Anyone think Norwich would sell Pukki?

only if/after they get relegated and even then he might stay there as he could believe they will go straight back up, he is 29 though which also means if we ended up getting duped into spanking 10-20 mil on him there will be zero resell value.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Björn Engels agent Evert Maeschalck claimed it was he who suggested Wes and Nakamba to Jesus.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/pitarch-connection-helped-aston-villa-raid-belgian-market-summer-helped-three-transfers/

If we are relying on Agents claims......we really haven't fixed our recruitment issues.

thats like asking Jeff Bezos if the amazon prime is worth buying?

Edited by TRO

Our big issue in the summer was that everything had to be done in such a short period of time.

It was a mad scramble and likely forced us to both gamble more than we would have wanted and also spend more than we should have.

We had to build a whole squad almost from scratch in 6 weeks. And I know some have suggested that we could have kept guys like Jedi, Hutton or Whelan but that would have been cruel on them. They were so far away from PL quality.

Once again now in January we are in desperate need of reinforcements and I hope we have been planning for it so we can make some early deals.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Our big issue in the summer was that everything had to be done in such a short period of time.

It was a mad scramble and likely forced us to both gamble more than we would have wanted and also spend more than we should have.

We had to build a whole squad almost from scratch in 6 weeks. And I know some have suggested that we could have kept guys like Jedi, Hutton or Whelan but that would have been cruel on them. They were so far away from PL quality.

Everyone knew it as well, which had us over a barrel!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Everyone knew it as well, which had us over a barrel!

They'll certainly know it now! Hopefully plans have been in place for a while and we manage to pick up some unexpected gems from under the radar. That would require a huge step up from the recruitment team though. 

Edited by DaveAV1

I would be leaning more to loans and keep our powder dry for the summer.

I am really concerned about wasting more money and the overall effect that has on the club and the personnel in it....we really are between a rock and a hard place.

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Haven’t Wolves built an entire squad on the recommendations of an agent?

Evert Maeschalck v Mendes......not much difference is there Dave?

I don't know the inner workings of the Wolves project, but it has worked for them.

but equally, when they Value Traore as they did and we only see him as one trick pony, with nothing to offer ......It tells you more about their talents for valueing players too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1