January Transfers 2019/20

sne

16 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He is another good football player who lacks pace. We have loads of those already. I like Snoddy but his time at VP has passed

True but I’d like someone who could settle and make an instant impact, not against foreign players at all but Id rather we sign talent thats already playing in england it obvious every club has mini social groups Im sure everybody gets along but you can tell that, Jack , Mcginn , Connor and Targget get along well as do Luiz and Wes with each other we need someone who can instantly link with jack with no cultural shock of moving to Birmingham , Bowen  hopefully 

Just your average paper talk:

Apparently 'leading' the chase for Benrahma (that would be fantastic), and have sent scouts to La Liga games.

Also reading we are 'heavily' interested in Mitrovic, and are in talk about a Werder Bremen forward.

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Just your average paper talk:

Apparently 'leading' the chase for Benrahma (that would be fantastic), and have sent scouts to La Liga games.

Also reading we are 'heavily' interested in Mitrovic, and are in talk about a Werder Bremen forward.

Is mitrovic any good? 

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Long is an interesting one. He is 32 and so it would need to be free and on a short term basis but he could play the role that we need him to play very well in my opinion. It would also be hilarious to witness the meltdown on here if we signed a striker who threatens the goal even less than Wesley 😂.

He nearly always scores vs Villa. its a good reason to sign him to stop him playing vs us

8 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

The good thing about Mitrovic is that even if we went down he'd destroy the Championship again. He's going to be too expensive though. 

Compared to the cost of relegation I’d say mitrovic would be a must - the owners have the cash and he could very well be the difference between survival and relegation - he’s that good and I believe the perfect fit for us 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

Can't see why Mitrovic would leave a team that has a good chance of getting promoted in a couple of months for a team that has a good chance of going down in a couple of months, not to mention the fact that even if Fulham were interested in selling him they'd want at least £30m and that's probably a low estimate, and I doubt they'd be open to a loan with an option to buy they'd want the money straight away, and there would probably be better placed teams than us interested anyway. I actually think we'd have a better chance of signing Batshuayi than Mitrovic, Chelsea would be more open to selling once they've brought in a striker, and we'd might get him on a loan with an option to buy which will probably suit us better.

Edited by useless

January is always a difficult transfer window with availability and inflated prices. No idea who we should get but it’s obvious the positions that need strengthening but we can’t afford to loose Grealish either 

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Can't see why Mitrovic would leave a team that has a good chance of getting promoted in a couple of months for a team that has a good chance of going down in a couple of months, not to mention the fact that even if Fulham were interested in selling him they'd want at least £30m and that's probably a low estimate, and I doubt they'd be open to a loan with an option to buy they'd want the money straight away, and there would probably be better placed teams than us interested anyway. I actually think we'd have a better chance of signing Batshuayi than Mitrovic, Chelsea would be more open to selling once they've brought in a striker, and we'd might get him on a loan with an option to buy which will probably suit us better.

Fulham are way off the top two and are doing poorly. The quality from 3rd onwards is so poor this year in the Championship.

He'd jump at the chance of leaving.

• Like 1

But in joining us he'd be joining a club that doesn't look like it has a much better chance of being in the premier league next season. Regardless of whether he'd join us or not, I don't think there's any chance of it happening anyway because of the fee that would be involved, if we're to sign a striker with a market value of £30m plus then I think it's going to have to be a loan deal with an option to buy, something I'm rather sure that Fulham will not be open to.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

But in joining us he'd be joining a club that doesn't look like it has a much better chance of being in the premier league next season. Regardless of whether he'd join us or not, I don't think there's any chance of it happening anyway because of the fee that would be involved, if we're to sign a striker with a market value of £30m plus then I think it's going to have to be a loan deal with an option to buy, something I'm rather sure that Fulham will not be open to.

Why would it have to be a loan deal ? The owners have pumped plenty money into the club and if they feel he is the player needed may well be prepared to bankroll the signing - quality players in January cost big money and we may need to spend big to survive . 

A loan deal with an option to buy is still spending big as you still have to pay the transfer feel eventually, doing it that way can work out better with FFP.. With that sort of deal we could probably bring in a better striker than we could by spending around £20m on someone, it's what Wolves did when they signed Jiménez. If we've got scope to just go and just buy someone for £30m plus, all well and good, but with FFP I doubt we can do that so have to find work arounds.

Edited by useless

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Why would it have to be a loan deal ? The owners have pumped plenty money into the club and if they feel he is the player needed may well be prepared to bankroll the signing - quality players in January cost big money and we may need to spend big to survive . 

Fulham aren't gonna sell Mitrovic to us in Jan for anything but obscene money, if they are even willing to sell him at all. The gains they would make and the losses they would avoid from gtting promoted after only one season in the Championship would be enormous and they clearly think Mitrovic is central to that. Normally, I'd say he's a 30million pound striker but at this point he's far more valuable to Fulham than that.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

20 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Fulham are way off the top two and are doing poorly. The quality from 3rd onwards is so poor this year in the Championship.

He'd jump at the chance of leaving.

It would a delph like turn if he did. He made a big deal of committing to Fulham when they went down, citing the support the club gave him and his family.