January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'd take Cantwell like a shot, we need better than pukki, he couldn't even score past us.

Wow! Agree on first but won't happen... Disagree on 2nd! He's exactly what we need! He's an older version of Tammy....  Exactly what we need! But that won't happen either..

Norwich ill not sell to us this Jan.

Edited by Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Brentford aren't going to be wanting to sell anyone if they continue this form!

Unless we offer BIG money mid-season they not selling anyone Zab! I mean like over £20mil plus some of their very goodvplayers and that will get rejected no doubt!

They will ask over £20mil for Bryan Mbeumo that they bought for £5.5mil in summer from Troyes.

Edited by Villan4Life

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Without a winger and striker to go straight into the first team and improve on what we have we will go down, no question about that.

Tend to agree with this, what happens in this window is pretty bloody crucial to how our season pans out. They have to be able to hit the ground running and go straight into a starting team. And business needs to done quickly no ********* around just get them in!

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Unless we offer BIG money mid-season they not selling anyone Zab! I mean like over £20mil plus some of their very goodvplayers and that will get rejected no doubt!

They will ask over £20mil for Bryan Mbeumo that they bought for £5.5mil in summer from Troyes.

Isn't he turning out to be a great bit of business! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Wow! Agree on first but won't happen... Disagree on 2nd! He's exactly what we need! He's an older version of Tammy....  Exactly what we need! But that won't happen either..

Norwich ill not sell to us this Jan.

I like Cantwell I know he's a local boy but if they go down do you not think they would sell if the right offer was made? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

I like Cantwell I know he's a local boy but if they go down do you not think they would sell if the right offer was made? 

Be over £20mil mate they would accept. Maybe even more IMO

Edited by Villan4Life

Brentford are flying at the moment, if anyone is going to catch Leeds or West Brom in the top two they're looking the most likely. Going to be very hard to sign any of their better players as they really want to get promoted and have their first season in their new ground in the premier league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Olivier Giroud could do the trick. 

Where's Darren Bent these days? He kept us up once before with a barrage of second half goals..

Of all the reasonable options available to us at the minute, a loan till the end of the season for this man would be easily top of my list. Wonderful touch for a big man and could see him linking up so well with Grealish. I know the board don’t want to go down the loan route but if we’re as straddled by FFP this window as some would have us believe, this would be a very shrewd short term solution to our woes up top. 

36 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

need to sign proven players..

albrighten - mitrovic

Not sure how would Albrighton be, but getting him on loan won't harm us at all. I'd prefer Bowen though. I think his price will be reasonable with no time left in his contract. Could also play upfront.

I don't think we can afford Mitrovic. I think we best find a good loan deal. Then think for the longer term during January in terms of strikers.

50 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

albrighten - mitrovic

Albrighton back on loan is a good shout. Get him and Giroud in ASAP thinking about the next four months. Then see if there are longer-term players available who would improve the squad.

1 hour ago, cbr600rr said:

albrighten - mitrovic

Can't see either tbh, I'd take Mitrovic all day long just can't see Fulham selling whilst they have a chance of getting into the play offs. 

I think we will sign a winger but probably look at a striker on loan. Really don't have a clue who those players will be I just hope they are of good enough quality to go straight into the team as starters. I'd be surprised if we did anymore business than that.