January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Looking at the squads of the top clubs, there isn't that much in the way of viable loans for the most part, and in some cases like Chelsea players we'd be reliant on them bringing in players first if we were to have any remote hope of a Batshuayi. Would anyone take Lallana? Demarai Gray maybe? He's only had something like one start this season.

Probably redundant anyway, I'd expect we'd continue to do business from outside of the Premier League just going off what most are saying.

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

We are weak in centre mid, defensive mid, wingers, centre forward, centre halves, fullbacks take your pick. Goals will keep up though!!

said in another thread, I'd try for Nemanja Matic, he would hold our midfield together which we aren't going atm

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Fulham with or without mitrovic will not be getting to the premier league again come May in my opinion 

Not too sure about that but I don't see why Mitrovic would accept a transfer anywhere till the end of the season unless it was to a top club. He has a chance at promotion with Fulham & if they don't make it he gets to pick & choose. Apparently he loves living in West London !

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Adama Traore..

Another one of those "shit players" we let go of, as they didn't look the finished article early...

🙄

We got good money for a player we wouldn't have been able to use properly for a year or two.

Cock-up we made was not buying the right players who could help us there and then.

Other error we made with him was not playing him up front 90 mins every game in the year we went down so fans could have some fun watching.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We got good money for a player we wouldn't have been able to use properly for a year or two.

Cock-up we made was not buying the right players who could help us there and then.

Other error we made with him was not playing him up front 90 mins every game in the year we went down so fans could have some fun watching.

How many times have we done this though?

Very frustrating.

• Like 1

With Adama it's probably also worth noting that last season at Wolves he wasn't really very good for them and most of their fans had written him off as a flop. Goes to show you need to be patient sometimes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

With Adama it's probably also worth noting that last season at Wolves he wasn't really very good for them and most of their fans had written him off as a flop. Goes to show you need to be patient sometimes.

...[links to Wesley thread]... ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, useless said:

We are villa fans, we don't do patience, if a player isn't instantly da bestz, they are a turd..........

We could probably make a good mid table side with the players we have discarded as "not good enough for villa" or "not premiership quality".

I'm sure other fans do it, but we have a masters degree in it.

ie:

Gollini, Lowton, Cahill, Clark, Gueye, Makoun, Traore, Gil, Veretout, Albrighton, Ayew..............

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Forgot Gollini , now full Italian International. 

Joking aside on my last post, this also drives me crazy - and yet we say “the club lets these players go too early” but half the time it is the fans on their back that is surely part of it. It’s hard to see how it changes and I suppose every club has the players it let go and the players it kept giving a chance to, but agreed entirely with your point - too many players have left here as flops but achieved elsewhere, and patience would probably serve all involved better sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Joking aside on my last post, this also drives me crazy - and yet we say “the club lets these players go too early” but half the time it is the fans on their back that is surely part of it. It’s hard to see how it changes and I suppose every club has the players it let go and the players it kept giving a chance to, but agreed entirely with your point - too many players have left here as flops but achieved elsewhere, and patience would probably serve all involved better sometimes.

In Gollini case bringing in an inexperienced player especially in the gk position was not a great move to start with , then we changed manager's quickly and was downhill from there with him. At Atlanta he went there as the understudy and over time made himself number 1.For a keeper of that age Atalanta correctly handled him and have reaped the benefits.

51 minutes ago, useless said:

Yep and and that strange word 'coaching' no idea what it means just heard it's useful....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

his wages would probably be insane, and thats even if he would remotely consider coming here.....

I'm sure Man U would happily chip in to have him off the books and he is hardly playing so depends on his character as to whether he would come to us to get a kick.

• Like 1