January Transfers 2019/20

sne

I wonder if Chelsea would consider loaning Loftus Cheek. He is about due back from injury and they may let him go out for the remainder of the season to get him fully match fit. He would enable Jack to stay out wide and give us a creative threat down the middle. Add a pacy winger down the right and we would be transformed, particularly away from VP.

29 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I wonder if Chelsea would consider loaning Loftus Cheek. He is about due back from injury and they may let him go out for the remainder of the season to get him fully match fit. He would enable Jack to stay out wide and give us a creative threat down the middle. Add a pacy winger down the right and we would be transformed, particularly away from VP.

Not a bad shout at all but I doubt he’d come here 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just please sign one or two players who aren't shit. 

I would imagine the way to achieve this is to ignore any moneyball stats types and to send some decent scouts out to watch some players play actual football against other footballers. 

If some clearing in the woods on a laptop tells you all other teams are wrong to ignore this guy who to all other intents and purposes appears to be under performing, smash up his laptop and ask the security to chuck him out of the nearest exit. 

Sounds too radical to me!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Wow! Agree on first but won't happen... Disagree on 2nd! He's exactly what we need! He's an older version of Tammy....  Exactly what we need! But that won't happen either..

Norwich ill not sell to us this Jan.

Pukki isnt good enough to keep us up, he just looks a slightly better version than wesley. We need a much improved version of both.

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Pukki isnt good enough to keep us up, he just looks a slightly better version than wesley. We need a much improved version of both.

Like who? I’d be amazed if we got someone better than Pukki, 9 Premier League goals already in his first Premier League season

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

He’s a real goal threat. I think his form has dropped a little recently but he’s always busy and I believe he’s scored 9 so far this season. I’m struggling to compare him to Wesley myself, as anything but a huge improvement. 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Like who?

Reality is it's probably someone I havent heard of. I don't see prem teams selling to us and I'm not sure weve got much money to throw around due to ffp. I just wouldnt but an old striker, likely on big money that I dont think is better than we have

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s a real goal threat. I think his form has dropped a little recently but he’s always busy and I believe he’s scored 9 so far this season. I’m struggling to compare him to Wesley myself, as anything but a huge improvement. 

But to put him in our team he has to do the role wesley has been. Be a direct threat, control balls smashed 40 yards down the pitch and bring others into play. Chase across the back 4. Pukki at villa wouldnt get to play like pukki at norwich IMO. 

Keinan seems to perform better because hes more mobile and our team needs a mobile striker. 

17 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

He's a lot better than Wesley, he actually knows how to find space in the box and make runs off the shoulder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Barely threaten yesterday against a bottom 3 side with a fresh centre back pairing. 

If you base your assessment of players on the strength of one game then you'd have been a really successful scout in the John Gregory era.

• Haha 1

Pukki's form dropped after a great beginning for the season. The whole Norwich team aren't scoring enough, so can't be only his fault. His number with Finland are good. However, Norwich won't sell, nor I'd pay what they want for him.

I think for the striker, our only way is to get one on loan. Otherwise we'd gamble on the likes of Wesley. Even then we won't have big budget.

• Like 1

I'm gonna stick my neck out and predict that Norwich will not sell their one goal threat to a relegation rival and that we will not have him on any shortlist of potential targets.

However long that list may be. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If you base your assessment of players on the strength of one game then you'd have been a really successful scout in the John Gregory era.

I loved john Gregory......

I realise that obviously. I just dont think we would improve us enough to keep us up so what's the point. Without better wide players, he would resort to the same as wesley, desperately chasing the ball, isolated from the midfield. Hes not mobile enough to make a difference to our front 3 while we have trez and algazi. I'd rather see davies or kodija get a run.

Pukki will never happen because (pick whichever you like):

1. Norwich will not sell him,

2. If they did you would have to pay a fortune,

3. Our board (thankfully) will not be spending a fortune on a 29 year old,

4. He really isn’t that good (similar to Hogan at Brentford it has just clicked for him at Norwich)

Norwich have at least 3 or 4 players who are much better than Pukki. Absolutely love Buendia 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Bigger clubs than us will probably want him anyway

Can't think of one that would need him. There aren't many bigger clubs.

He isn't coming here anyway, most likely.

What we need, besides a striker or two,  and a proper winger, is a dominant midfielder.

McGinn was horribly out of form before his injury but we'll still miss him. Our midfield is so open. You can see them looking around to get into some preordained position rather than what is required tactically. Teams just walk into our box. Only Grealish seems adaptable enough to respond.

Nakamba is not good enough and Luiz is inconsistent if promising. We need somebody to run the midfield and join the dots up. 

Edited by Mazrim