January Transfers 2019/20

sne

I don't see how you could watch out of form lacking confidence pukki today and suggest that we try and buy him, saw nothing to suggest he'd be better than what we already have

You'd also be talking maybe £30m for a guy who's 30 in march

Hoping our scouts have looked a bit further afield 

• Like 2

We are lacking size and pace everywhere. Please only sign fast or big players or preferably both! One of the reasons that Wes is so deep is our inability/lack of threat to run in behind. A couple of pacy players would push the defence back, enable Wes to play higher up the pitch and also provide more space for the midfield players. 
Think back to the early Gabby and Young days. Teams were so scared of their pace that they used to always keep defenders fairly deep in their own half. It enabled Carew much higher up the pitch and our midfield were able to pick up second balls in and around the box.

• Thanks 1

Another player that Jack could link up with and has good understanding with Robert Snodgrass not going to happen but Snoddy cutting in off the right would add so much, already knows the club and has good understanding with Jack and Elmo

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Another player that Jack could link up with and has good understanding with Robert Snodgrass not going to happen but Snoddy cutting in off the right would add so much, already knows the club and has good understanding with Jack and Elmo

He is another good football player who lacks pace. We have loads of those already. I like Snoddy but his time at VP has passed

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't see how you could watch out of form lacking confidence pukki today and suggest that we try and buy him, saw nothing to suggest he'd be better than what we already have

You'd also be talking maybe £30m for a guy who's 30 in march

Hoping our scouts have looked a bit further afield 

Pukki is and always has been a form of his life wonder, he was never going to be a long term. Granted he moves about more than Wesley but not much else after 

Just please sign one or two players who aren't shit. 

I would imagine the way to achieve this is to ignore any moneyball stats types and to send some decent scouts out to watch some players play actual football against other footballers. 

If some clearing in the woods on a laptop tells you all other teams are wrong to ignore this guy who to all other intents and purposes appears to be under performing, smash up his laptop and ask the security to chuck him out of the nearest exit. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure if Albrighton would make much difference to us, he's more someone who will do well in an already decent 'well-oiled' side, but I don't think he's the sort of player that would lift a team that's not very good to the next level. I think we need a winger that come up with something out of nothing, is capable of creating things by himself, whereas Albrghton is more someone who needs to be in a team that's playing well to be affective.

• Like 1