January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Liverpool urged to make shock move for Man Utd and Man City transfer target Jack Grealish

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1227262/Liverpool-shock-transfer-move-Man-Utd-Man-City-Jack-Grealish

At big pile of money heading our way if one of the big clubs manages to prize him, but I to think he will stay, hope he does. 

What do you all think about a bidding war starting off here, whoever ended up with Jack would no doubt have an edge of the field against other teams, that is for sure.

I think Jack would end up going for something crazy if all the big clubs start bidding. It would certainly highlight how much these big clubs see Jack Grealish as a massive threat if he is put along side other top names in the world, they would have a massive edge.

We however lose our edge at trying to stay up in this league if Jack goes, I think he's worth more than any money they can give us, our status in the premier is at stake.

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Manchester City enter race for Aston Villa star as report reveals top January targets

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-grealish-17553304

Hands off everyone, this is bound to happen but we have to stand our ground and say no if we want to survive the drop. I think If he ended up anywhere it would be city because PEP is an actual fan of his, he always say nice things about captain Jack.

The media will spin and spin this now and I'm surprised it's took this long to start.

What an absolute penis of a newspaper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, pete101 said:

If pep says it in his press conference how can you not write about it , it's called being a journalist, you write about what the mangers say before the game , it's like taking your car to the garage and mechanic says the breaks need to be changed and you saying that God dam mechanic  why is he trying to cost me money

I meant in general. Printing quotes from managers is fair enough, but generally they print misleading headlines for click bait.

In addition they appear to give most stories a negative anti Villa slant. When they were a genuine Birmingham based local paper they were a well respected quality newspaper. Since they became a part of the Trinity Mirror group they have no interest in Birmingham or any local teams or stories. 

I understand that getting clicks is how they get paid these days, but they would get plenty of clicks if they employed good local journalists who wrote good local stories, football or otherwise. They can’t be bothered and get clicks on the cheap with no effort. If they can’t be bothered then neither should we. We get the newspapers we deserve I’m afraid. 

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Manchester City enter race for Aston Villa star as report reveals top January targets

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-grealish-17553304

Hands off everyone, this is bound to happen but we have to stand our ground and say no if we want to survive the drop. I think If he ended up anywhere it would be city because PEP is an actual fan of his, he always say nice things about captain Jack.

The media will spin and spin this now and I'm surprised it's took this long to start.

God that paper is a rag.  They know Jack shit about anything, please dont allow them any income by clicking on this destructive link in order to read made up nonsense designed to make you do that. 

With silva leaving at the end of the season I think grealish would be the perfect replacement for him, imagine him in that role with those City players around him he'd be unreal! 

I think he's here until summer anyway and will get a move after the euros, hopefully he will have a good tournament and we can be looking 90+ for him. 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

And released in the Brum Mail. Thanks local paper for your usual pathetic support. BOYCOTT THE BIRMINGHAM MAIL NOW!!!

It's just The Daily Mirror with like 2 local headlines and some made up local football nonsense superimposed onto it.  The Birmingham Mail effectively ceased to exist years ago. 

Look at 90% of other local papers and they will look the same, have most of the same stories but with their couple of local stories / teams clickbait. 

Sadly Express and Star of Wolverhampton better represents Birmingham news that The Mail. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

With silva leaving at the end of the season I think grealish would be the perfect replacement for him, imagine him in that role with those City players around him he'd be unreal! 

I think he's here until summer anyway and will get a move after the euros, hopefully he will have a good tournament and we can be looking 90+ for him. 

Good Lord (spoken slowly in a Rex Harrison type voice)

• Haha 1

If we do go down, I think Jack will go and I genuinely would send him on his way with the hope that he is a massive success wherever he ends up. He is way too good for another season in the Championship. He is also too good for another PL relegation battle to be honest. He could treble his wages elsewhere, play at the very highest level, win titles and become a real world icon. He has shown us remarkable loyalty and he needs to be selfish now.

Having said all that, he would demand a massive transfer fee. The more top clubs with serious interest the higher that fee will be. Add to that the fact that we don’t have to sell and also the fact that Jack would not cause a fuss and the fee increases a little more. I am talking something in the region of £150M. That sort of money would give us a really good chance to build a much more sustainable future that would hopefully launch us back towards the top of English football when added to the riches on offer from the PL and our owners.

I guess what I’m getting at is, maybe it would not be the end of the world if he left. It could be one of those rare deals that works well for all parties. Whatever happens we should enjoy him while we can because he is a special talent that we may never produce again for a very long time.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

A very polite way of putting it. I agree they can get lost!! And never come back. He certainly wouldn’t look out of place in any of the top teams though which is a huge compliment. Every top manager would like him in their team/squad. 

Totally agree. He could play  for anyone. 

He won't leave this month he's clearly worth far too much to us to risk him going. In the summer he will probably leave however. I think the only chance we'd have of keeping him would be winning the league cup and finishing unexpectedly strongly in the league to comfortable mid table.

I expect him to be gone in the summer most likely.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

We should never ever sell Jack. He is the Crown jewels. He is our Gerrard, Totti, etc. Build around him and we will win things.

This. 

We have to stop the small minded thinking that every top player should leave us. 

He loves the club, is a fan. Let him become a legend here. Should stay here his entire career. 

• Like 3

If we stay up and we're to keep him, we have to invest in proven top quality players. We'll need to invest similar sorts of money spent last summer, but on 4-5 players of a much higher calibre. That will probably mean breaking our transfer record fee a couple of times. 

If we go down I don't see how we can keep him as he's far too good for the Championship, but we'd need to be demanding big money for him. 

• Like 2