January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Somehow I don't see Jack wanting to play against us if we stay up. I think we stay up he stays for another season. I think he wants to become an England reg in Villa colours. 

He will be gone if we go down or eventually anyway but I think we've got a little bit longer together.

13 minutes ago, Rodders said:

He won't leave this month he's clearly worth far too much to us to risk him going. In the summer he will probably leave however. I think the only chance we'd have of keeping him would be winning the league cup and finishing unexpectedly strongly in the league to comfortable mid table.

I expect him to be gone in the summer most likely.

No, I think even if we stay up by the skin of our teeth he'll stay one more season to see if we make significant progress. If we struggle yet again I think he'll be off the following summer. I think as he's Villa through and through he's a bit more patient with the club than another player would be with no affiliation. I think he'd really expect us to push the boat out with signings and start showing our ambition, though. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Awol said:

If we stay up, offer him a massive contract and demonstrate intent through squad investment I don’t think he’ll go. He loves this club every bit as much as we do. 

Like the sentiment but just think we're kidding ourselves. He far too good for us and will be regardless of investment next season, he is visibly frustrated here at times on the pitch, owes it to himself to play with much better players.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This. 

We have to stop the small minded thinking that every top player should leave us. 

He loves the club, is a fan. Let him become a legend here. Should stay here his entire career. 

exactly this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Like the sentiment but just think we're kidding ourselves. He far too good for us and will be regardless of investment next season, he is visibly frustrated here at times on the pitch, owes it to himself to play with much better players.

Yes frustrated because he gets hacked to death, which will continue where ever he goes.

He's happy here,could of gone already chose to stay, sign new contract. He loves being captain and he wants to do it all at Villa or he wouldn't play like he does, you would see it in him if he were fed up, he'd be grounded down and let's be honest if he were that fed up he'd stick a transfer request in if he wanted to go.

• Like 1

I just hope there isn't some stupid clause in his (Grealish) contract so we get screwed out of the big bucks.

With the way transfer fees has exploded a release clause that was OK last season would be a joke this summer.

Given Smith’s comments in the press conference about prices falling towards the end of the window and stupid prices being quoted now, this fits in with the reported Batshuayi story of Chelsea wanting 45m for him. If they don’t sell him this window then when the summer window comes around he would only have 12 months left on his contract and value will be lower.

I suspect our reported interest is genuine although whether he wants to come into a relegation battle is another question altogether. I’m hoping the Benteke rumours are smoke and mirrors for a better signing being lined up.

9 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Someone mentioned Walcott on here the other day. He always scores goals when played as centre forward. Would be a good loan.

I said it as a joke to highlight Benteke poor returns

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes frustrated because he gets hacked to death, which will continue where ever he goes.

He's happy here,could of gone already chose to stay, sign new contract. He loves being captain and he wants to do it all at Villa or he wouldn't play like he does, you would see it in him if he were fed up, he'd be grounded down and let's be honest if he were that fed up he'd stick a transfer request in if he wanted to go.

I don't think his frustration has anything to do with being hackes to death. He enjoys winning free kicks.

Yes he could've gone already, and had we not been promoted, he would've been gone. Is he happy to just stay with us being in the lower end of the PL table season after season? Idk, but I personally don't think he would be. Of course, assuming we don't get relegated or climb up the table.

Do you honestly think he'd hand in a transfer request mid season regardless of how fed up with the club he is? Yes there are signs he's getting frustrated with how things are going, the fact that he hasn't put in a transfer request doesn't mean that frustration witht he club isn't there at all.

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Nah sorry. He's frustrated because players aren't making basic passes and moving into good space. He gets frustrated at the general level of player around him.

It's possible he does a Le Tissier and stays here for his entire career but that is very rare these days. I see a number of top clubs bidding for him in the summer and I expect him to be interested. At that point we will likely be entering into negotiations.

• Like 2

The thing is if we stay up then I can see the owners happily invest again.  You'd hope we would then make the next step towards the top 6 and I'd have thought Jack would want to be a part of that.  It then comes down to whether a ridiculous bidding war starts and we end up getting a bid we can't really turn down.  Staying up is so important for us in so many ways (goes without saying really).

• Like 1