January Transfers 2019/20

sne

31 minutes ago, pete101 said:

These are my favourite,

We don't get a guy ( maybe we weren't interested)

I don't think we've missed out - I think the 'links' are complete bollocks. He's in a market we aren't shopping in.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

I don't think they will just drop Nyland, but we needed a keeper, if Nyland gets injured we're screwed. The fact it's an experienced and exceptional keeper is a big bonus for us. If he trains better than Nyland then it's competition for places and we win whoever is the better of the two being pushed to play better.

Benteke a loan is the only way he should be coming back and even then it shouldn't be as our only striker. We should be looking at an attacker who can play either wide or up top and a number 9. 

Drinkwater, Reina and those two would be a great January for us.

Read somewhere Reina only agreed to sign if 1st choice but I agree Nyland should keep the jersey

Slimani?

Great google translate.... :lol:

Aston Villa would have already taken the temperature near the entourage of the Algerian striker. The English formation in lack of attackers, is in an emergency situation to station. A boon for the native of Algiers? The next few days promise to be decisive for the future of Islam Slimani on the Rock.

He was another who struggled on his own up front in the PL.

34 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

I think Dean is thinking Drinkwater will sit in with Nakamba and free Dougie to get further forward until McGinn gets back

Seems to me he is thinking he now has 3 players that like to sit in front of the four so he can play Jack in the middle with any 2 of the 3 and unleash Jack. Or even Conor with any 2 of them.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I doubt Drinkwater will be starting games in the immediate future.

I expect if he doesn’t start v Man City he will definitely start the next game.

Also watching a bit of him on YouTube he seems more attacking/creative than I realised - I thought he was more a ballwinner but of course they had Kante for that...

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he'll start today.

+1. Think Drinkwater is in contention and DS is a fan.

The fact DS has started Lansbury in several games this season suggests he's been desperately looking for some maturity in the middle of the park (what Whelan offered last season) so I think Drinkwater will be straight in if he's match fit and sober.

• Like 1