January Transfers 2019/20

sne

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is this the same liking of tweet that's already been done or something new?

Soz didn’t mean to be cryptic ... I meant has Jack put in a word for Benteke to Smith... ? 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Id cool the interest at that price as well, that's disgusting to price him at 45, 25-30 mill at most.

I never rated Batshuayi - I'd be very disappointed if he became our record signing.

• Like 1

Manchester City enter race for Aston Villa star as report reveals top January targets

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-grealish-17553304

Hands off everyone, this is bound to happen but we have to stand our ground and say no if we want to survive the drop. I think If he ended up anywhere it would be city because PEP is an actual fan of his, he always say nice things about captain Jack.

The media will spin and spin this now and I'm surprised it's took this long to start.

Edited by Dave-R

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Manchester City enter race for Aston Villa star as report reveals top January targets

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-grealish-17553304

Hands off everyone, this is bound to happen but we have to stand our ground and say no if we want to survive the drop. I think If he ended up anywhere it would be city because PEP is an actual fan of his, he always say nice things about captain Jack.

The media will spin and spin this now and I'm surprised it's took this long to start.

I said last night to a Villa and Man U fan at pub if he ends up going anywhere most like Man City but this is Metro so it's just more made up rumours. He's not going anywhere unless we go down

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I said last night to a Villa and Man U fan at pub if he ends up going anywhere most like Man City but this is Metro so it's just more made up rumours. He's not going anywhere unless we go down

Yes I agree I said the same about an hour ago to a bunch of top club fans who were hoping there club would snag him up. Some media reporter had stated jack needs to leave Villa in order for him to get anywhere, that JG needs CL football. This reporter had also said villa won't be seeing any champions league football in the next five years or more which annoyed me as you can never say that about any prem team really, you just never know, I mean look how well Leicester have been doing.

I think as long as we progress as a club, team and our position within the league continues, Jack will remain here  If we drop he has my blessing to leave but would prefer if he gave one season to try rebound back up. 

City if anywhere would be his destination I think as well, Pepe seems to really like him, as I said he praises him enough.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

It’s convenient that, that story is leaked just before we play them 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

+1. Think Drinkwater is in contention and DS is a fan.

The fact DS has started Lansbury in several games this season suggests he's been desperately looking for some maturity in the middle of the park (what Whelan offered last season) so I think Drinkwater will be straight in if he's match fit and sober.

I don’t think it’s necessarily maturity he’s looking for in there. At Brentford, one of his midfielders was a passer, someone who can keep the ball moving, switch the play, play balls over the top etc. He had Ryan Woods doing that role, last January he bought in Carroll to do that job. I’m guessing he got Luiz to do it here, hasn’t been overly impressed so now has Drinkwater 

Would love us to look at someone like Milot Rashica from Werner Bremen... I think he’s more of an AM than an out and out striker but he’s got a half decent record, still only young, and I think he’s exactly the player we could do with. 

Ignore the horrendous music, obv, but I think he’d be the energetic forward that we could really do with.

I believe they’re struggling a little in the Bundesliga so might not want to let him go, but if he wants to be in the PL we could probably turn his head.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s convenient that, that story is leaked just before we play them 

And released in the Brum Mail. Thanks local paper for your usual pathetic support. BOYCOTT THE BIRMINGHAM MAIL NOW!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

And released in the Brum Mail. Thanks local paper for your usual pathetic support. BOYCOTT THE BIRMINGHAM MAIL NOW!!!

Most online papers are nothing but pure click bait. I'm surprised they didn't link their Villa FIFA article where Grealish left in game and say they broke the rumour 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

They can get lost!

A very polite way of putting it. I agree they can get lost!! And never come back. He certainly wouldn’t look out of place in any of the top teams though which is a huge compliment. Every top manager would like him in their team/squad. 

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If pep says it in his press conference how can you not write about it , it's called being a journalist, you write about what the mangers say before the game , it's like taking your car to the garage and mechanic says the breaks need to be changed and you saying that God dam mechanic  why is he trying to cost me money

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What would that mean for Foden?