January Transfers 2019/20

sne

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

45mil for Batshuayi. That's batsh... crazy. They're in a position to pull our pants down, though, seeing as he seemingly doesn't want to leave and we're desperate.

Not that crazy once you factor in the time of year. 

Wesley in the summer went for £22m and had virtually no serious pedigree. Batshuayi has like a 1 in 2 record for one of the best international sides in the world and has done well in his loan moves to Dortmund and Palace of late.

£45m is a bit excessive but hardly too surprising.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

No, I think even if we stay up by the skin of our teeth he'll stay one more season to see if we make significant progress. If we struggle yet again I think he'll be off the following summer. I think as he's Villa through and through he's a bit more patient with the club than another player would be with no affiliation. I think he'd really expect us to push the boat out with signings and start showing our ambition, though. 

I obviously hope you're right! Part of me thinks though that considering he has already nearly left us before ( ok we've got new owners since ) that he would have done his part in getting us back to the PL and then keeping us in it if that happens ( fingers crossed ). 

I think if we were to have any chance of keeping him we'd need to show serious muscle - and I dunno whether we can do that two summers on the trot in terms of FFP

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If a Man City come in for Grealish this summer he'll be gone, stop deluding yourselves.

Yeah I agree. Silva is leaving City this summer and they need a replacement. But they will have to stump up stupid money to get him. 

What you look at what English players havw gone for in the last few years 80-90mil isn't a crazy price for Jack. 

If we stay up (and I still think there's more than a good chance we will) then I can see Jack staying for at least next season. 

The next summer transfer window will not be as extensive as the last one where we practically had to rebuild a whole team. Our transfer budget should be used to target 4-5 better players, not 10-11 like the last summer window.

However, if an astronomical bid comes in (over the £90m mark) then it sadly would have to be listened to. That's just the nature of business. 

As for Citeh - haven't they been nurturing Foden to take over the Silva role? Perfectly good replacement already at the club and ready for the step up to regular football. 

Grealish will be too expensive for city. As stupid as that sounds they don't spend 100m+ on players. And he doesn't really improve their side for that investment. They got foden and b.silva to go take the role of David Silva. They will go sign the next best up and coming winger to replace sane for 60m from abroad. They also need to spend big in defence so they won't be offering 100m for a players who's had 1 decent year in prem.

The only team that will be trying to sign grealish in the summer will be United. And I don't think he leaves. If we stay up we likely offer grealish 100k+ a week which wont be much less than what United will offer. 

I think he goes if we get relegated and he goes the season after next unless we have a miracle season where we get top 6.

Edited by Bugzy1991
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not that crazy once you factor in the time of year. 

Wesley in the summer went for £22m and had virtually no serious pedigree. Batshuayi has like a 1 in 2 record for one of the best international sides in the world and has done well in his loan moves to Dortmund and Palace of late.

£45m is a bit excessive but hardly too surprising.

You factor in his replacements value

They've had a £34m bid for dembele rejected so we'll see how high they go, batshauyi can't be worth more than him

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If we stay up (and I still think there's more than a good chance we will) then I can see Jack staying for at least next season. 

The next summer transfer window will not be as extensive as the last one where we practically had to rebuild a whole team. Our transfer budget should be used to target 4-5 better players, not 10-11 like the last summer window.

However, if an astronomical bid comes in (over the £90m mark) then it sadly would have to be listened to. That's just the nature of business. 

As for Citeh - haven't they been nurturing Foden to take over the Silva role? Perfectly good replacement already at the club and ready for the step up to regular football. 

Don’t fool yourself. Foden is nowhere near the level Grealish is at. Grealish is now a proven Premier League performer, one of the very best. And Pep knows full well what Grealish could bring to that ManCity team, or any other.

8 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Don’t fool yourself. Foden is nowhere near the level Grealish is at. Grealish is now a proven Premier League performer, one of the very best. And Pep knows full well what Grealish could bring to that ManCity team, or any other.

That's because foden is 19 and grealish is 24. Foden is their future and a huge talent. He's stayed and not gone out on loan becsuse he wants to study and learn from pep for when he gets his chance. They don't want another Sancho scenario and he will be around the first team a lot more next year. They won't block his progress more by signing grealish.

Edited by Bugzy1991
  • Like 1

Grealish in the current market is worth no less than £110 million. However to stop bids coming in we need to start bidding for their stars. So offer them £110million for sterling. £50 million for Aguero. £45 million for Jesus. Etc etc etc. With Man united we should offer them £ 60 million for Martial similar for Rashford etc and then their bids for our stars will soon end. 

Edit - this is how you unsettle the sky 4 or 6 however they are now known. Bid for their best and most prized assets. Soon other players from other clubs will realise that a new ‘player’ is in town. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Grealish in the current market is worth no less than £110 million. However to stop bids coming in we need to start bidding for their stars. So offer them £110million for sterling. £50 million for Aguero. £45 million for Jesus. Etc etc etc. With Man united we should offer them £ 60 million for Martial similar for Rashford etc and then their bids for our stars will soon end. 

Like your thinking!!

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Like your thinking!!

It’s what they have been doing for years. We used to do it back in the 1890’s and 1900’s when we were the Mightiest club in the world. Whether we get those players or not we will definitely unsettle the scene and serve notice of our intent. 

Edited by Sulberto21

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Edit - this is how you unsettle the sky 4 or 6 however they are now known. Bid for their best and most prized assets. Soon other players from other clubs will realise that a new ‘player’ is in town. 

Grealish would in this scenario want to move to City at least while the players mentioned would not move to Villa even if we offered them £400k/w and diplomatic immunity.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Grealish would in this scenario want to move to City at least while the players mentioned would not move to Villa even if we offered them £400k/w and diplomatic immunity.

The point isn’t whether they come or not, it gains attention. Other players and agents from other clubs will also take notice. It causes curiosity at the very least. Grealish is easily a top 6 player with room to improve. Grealish has the ability to play and improve for the ‘top 6’ , Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG et al. In fact I’ve undervalued him at £110million. He’s worth more to us. 

Breaking News - Manchester City reject Aston Villa Sterling bid. Aston Villa have had an offer of £125million rejected by Manchester City for Raheem Sterling....... imagine how you would think as a footballer from another club. You’d be like wtf! Who are this Aston Villa?

‘They can offer me diplomatic immunity too.’ - once Prince William becomes king 👑 you know... 😉

Edited by Sulberto21

Just to start this guy hasn't been linked anywhere and it's just me asking the question. 

But what about Dwight McNeil from Burnley? Burnley are the type of club that will sell if the money is right. He's a really good young player with bags of potential. Good pace and brilliant dead ball delivery. 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

The point isn’t whether they come or not, it gains attention. Other players and agents from other clubs will also take notice. It causes curiosity at the very least. Grealish is easily a top 6 player with room to improve. Grealish has the ability to play and improve for the ‘top 6’ , Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG et al. In fact I’ve undervalued him at £110million. He’s worth more to us. 

Would mostly make us look silly and deluded.

By all means ask for a very high price, but no point in having impossible trade deals thrown in, makes us hard to take serious.

19 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pep leaves City in the summer.  He's a great manager but he seems like once a team starts going downhill he's not really arsed about sticking around and building a new one and trying to catch Liverpool next season.  I may be wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Would mostly make us look silly and deluded.

By all means ask for a very high price, but no point in having impossible trade deals thrown in, makes us hard to take serious.

Whilst I agree in part that in some quarters that would happen I also believe in Europe and South America that will not be the case. 

He’s still a Leicester City player as far as I’m aware, and I doubt he’ll make it in to their current side. I can’t see us going for him, he’s 31, never been prolific, and we can’t loan him and would have to buy, so I just can’t see it.