January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

If we are going for Vida you have to think we are thinking of playing 3 central defenders more often. He's a good defender, goes to ground a bit more than I would like but might be what we need at the heart of a three with Mings on the left and Konsa on the right. 

It was a surprise seeing his name pop up, could be a good signing??

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No chance, watched him a few times the past 18 months and he has been nothing short of abysmal everytime.

I think we start buying anyone outside of this league or who hasn't danced in it, we are inviting more if the bloody same mess as we've been having to watch the first half of the season.

If this is what suso and the scouts are watching then God help us in my eyes were screwed and think Smith should be given what he really needs now.

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Vida is a bit of a leader too. Great pedigree. Must mean we are playing 3 at the back for the forseeable. Chester on his way out too maybe. 

Yes maybe we need to make him priority  next to wingers and strikers.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It was a surprise seeing his name pop up, could be a good signing??

It's a name that's been doing the rounds for the last few months. He's played at the top end of the game, got to a WC final a few years ago with Croatia. So a very decent player, only 30 so still a few years left. 

DS always talks about 2 players for each position. If we are going for 3 CBs you would have to expect left centre back is Mings and Hause. Centre of the three is Vida and Engels and right is Konsa and Chester. 

7 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

It's a name that's been doing the rounds for the last few months. He's played at the top end of the game, got to a WC final a few years ago with Croatia. So a very decent player, only 30 so still a few years left. 

DS always talks about 2 players for each position. If we are going for 3 CBs you would have to expect left centre back is Mings and Hause. Centre of the three is Vida and Engels and right is Konsa and Chester. 

Sounds like a very good back line, that once Vida is in will hopefully command them to be one whole mountain that can't be breached. If we stop the leak we will no doubt start winning our games, then if we land a decent striker and pair of decent wingers and the goals start flooding in at a higher rate, maybe Smith is onto something.

I hope this is what he's trying to do and accomplishes bringing Vida in because at the moment it will take someone like him to steady the defence even more. I think Mings will no doubt learn from him as welk because while Mings is a lovely player he at times gets abit rocky and makes a mistake, along with the other defenders, learning from Vida can only be brilliant for them.

Edited by Dave-R

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

There's so much bullshit going around. Glenn Murray ffs...

We need players asap but we're not desperate / skint.

Personally, I would take him. Experienced PL striker, excellent hold up play, physical, good finisher, good in the air. As one of the 2 strikers I think we will sign he is a good option on short term deal.

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Personally, I would take him. Experienced PL striker, excellent hold up play, physical, good finisher, good in the air. As one of the 2 strikers I think we will sign he is a good option on short term deal.

Would mean the end of any attempts at high pressing or winning the ball back early thou.

Guy is sloooow.

What gets me about this possible murray signing is we've shot ourselves in the foot once not bringing in Maupay, so we go and shoot ourselves again by bringing in there out of favour striker who Maupay has took over from, Excellent work.

Brilliant work Villa, who is making these signings because it's topsy turvy S*** to say the least.

Can't we just go pay for Maupay whatever it costs and sort this out properly. I feel like the next best move would be to go get Morelos.

Edited by Dave-R

24 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think we start buying anyone outside of this league or who hasn't danced in it, we are inviting more if the bloody same mess as we've been having to watch the first half of the season.

Really?  We are pretty much par for what most people expected for points and have only briefly been in the drop zone.  We mostly play pretty decent football, have scored plenty though shipped a few as well.  We've been competitive in all but a handful of games.  Sure we've been frustratingly inconsistent, but we're a newly promoted, heavily changed team so that's a given.

What exactly were you expecting of the season?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What gets me about this possible murray signing is we've shot ourselves in the foot once not bringing in Maupay, so we go and shoot ourselves again by bringing in there out of favour striker who Maupay has took over from, Excellent work.

Brilliant work Villa, who is making these signings because it's topsy turvy S*** to say the least.

Can't we just go pay for Maupay whatever it costs and sort this out properly. I feel like the next best move would be to go get Morelos.

You prepared for the club to pay at least a 100 mil? Brighton won't think of parting with Maupay unless at this stage unless its for absolutely obscene money, which I would think is gonna **** us over in the long term in terms of FFP.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Would mean the end of any attempts at high pressing or winning the ball back early thou.

Guy is sloooow.

Possibly but Giroud lacks pace as well and Wes wasn’t exactly rapid.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Looks as though there is some truth to this.

Won't mind this at all though if we sign another striker as well.

No thankyou, don't want there out of favour player when we stung ourselves by Maupay, it's a ridiculous signing.

If people are saying he's slow, then we can kiss any fast football we used to play goodbye because we will have to play to his strength.

Sorry all but I hope this one doesn't materialize just for the sole fact we messed up with signing Maupay, yet now we want Brighton reject, we can do better than this in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You prepared for the club to pay at least a 100 mil? Brighton won't think of parting with Maupay unless at this stage unless its for absolutely obscene money, which I would think is gonna **** us over in the long term in terms of FFP.

Yeah I'm messing, i know it would cost a fortune, a fortune we wouldn't pay anyway, is just a shame we let him go because look at where were at it seems now, signing the very guy Maupay has replaced, if anything because I've said it three times now in so few posts I'm annoyed by this if it's true.