January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep but Sunderland on the other hand...

I went to Sunderland-Arsenal a few seasons back after a stag weekend in Newcastle (I agree there are far worse cities in the U.K). Was having a look around the run down town centre and one of the pre match pubs people were drinking in was called the I.S.I.S bar so pretty apt!

Just now, VillaChris said:

I agree not this month as that would be bonkers but if this interest is credible I'd tell them to come back at the end of the season. Ultimately Hourihane has been a squad player this season, not the worst player by a long way but dosen't have enough about his game to be automatic prem starter.

We still need to balance the books if we stay up and invest more in our squad otherwise wage bill starts to spiral out of control like it did between 2008-10.

If we stay up, I'm not completely averse to selling him in the summer. I'd still hope for a bit better than £6m, but as you say he hasn't shown enough to be an automatic starter for us in this league, and you'd hope we'd set our sights higher. 

If selling Connor could help us fund a move for the powerful, dynamic midfielder we've been craving, I'm all for it. I'm thinking at least 10 mill though, or there is no point.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If we stay up, I'm not completely averse to selling him in the summer. I'd still hope for a bit better than £6m, but as you say he hasn't shown enough to be an automatic starter for us in this league, and you'd hope we'd set our sights higher. 

According to VT in the summer, you can't get a Premier League player for £6m, so, considering the goals and assists he's picked up in limited gametime, we should be demanding £10-12m minimum, if we were to sell him.

However, I'd keep him. He's a good squad player to have. He'll always get you a few goals in cup games. Plus, he would be vital in a promotion battle if the worst happened and we got relegated next season.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I can just see our line-up after following that [Steve Bruce] approach:

--------------------- Glenn Murray ------------------------

------- Grealish ------------------ Billy Sharp ---------

Taylor -------- Whelan ----- Nakamba ---- Elmo

------ Engels ------ Mings ---- Phil Bardsley -----

------------------------ Nyland -------------------------------

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd take it. Him or Giroud. Suspect Murray is more likely. 

it's happening ron paul GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not saying it won't happen, but why would Brighton loan Glenn Murray to a relegation rival? 

Because he’s now way past his best?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not saying it won't happen, but why would Brighton loan Glenn Murray to a relegation rival? 

That's why it won't.

Vida will also not be happening. Fella is 31 in April and plays the position we've got 4 players who could start with an extra broken one hanging around who could probably get through 15 games to the end of the season.