Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/19 at 22:59

Not good enough from Smith.

His use, or lack of use of the bench has been cowardly the last few weeks. 

Needs to be tactically better for us to take advantage of these situations we find ourselves in.

I love him, but he needs to look in the mirror and change his ways I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

Conceded three goals to ten men.  You can't keep throwing away points like that and expect to stay up.     I'm sure after the game the players will say they were disappointed and that they'll learn from it, but then weren't they saying that a month ago too? 

• Like 1

We just aren't learning from previous games at all, smith and the players both. We need to get our shit together quick and start making changes otherwise we may as well throw in the towel now.

It's time to juggle the team around now as it's not working. Smith needs to wake the **** up otherwise sentimentality will only take him so far. He's 100% got until Xmas for me no question but if he isnt showing signs of improvement and adaptability then it may be time for a rethink. Hope he sorts his head out and rises to the challenge. 

Piss poor. Sitting back waiting to be beaten by an average Arsenal side who spent have the match with ten men. Not a chance we stay up this year and rightly so. We are a blight on this league. Look how much better equipped Norwich and Sheffield Utd are without spending money.

• Haha 1

Just now, roscoe said:

Not good enough from Smith.

His use, or lack of use of the bench has been cowardly the last few weeks. 

Needs to be tactically better for us to take advantage of these situations we find ourselves in.

I love him, but he needs to look in the mirror and change his ways I’m afraid. 

his gungho mantra of attack at all costs is costing us as we don't have the quality to pull it off and we'll get relegated if we don't learn to play ugly and see games out.

• Like 2

Smith has cost us in too many games this season with his in game management. Today he had players ha going out their arses and mad the wrong subs. I really want the bloke to succeed but he's showing his inexperience ATM. That was 3 points massively lost due to bad management.

He only has himself to blame tonight.

Denied another penalty, lead twice away from home and failed to win against ten men... again. We deserved to lose that purely for our loose passing. You just knew that equaliser and winner was coming. When we get good fortune like a sending off we throw it away. Killed ourselves. Oh and Taylor is now starting to be shit at everything. 

OK, I know it was the Mighty Arsenal & all that but we just threw that game away. We need to learn how to hold on to a lead - AND how to take advantage of playing against 10 men.

Really don’t understand why Smith left it until 5 minutes until the end to try to refresh the midfield. WTF were they supposed to do in 5 mins?

Edited by briny_ear

Just now, VillanousOne said:

his gungho mantra of attack at all costs is costing us as we don't have the quality to pull it off and we'll get relegated if we don't learn to play ugly and see games out.

were not gungho though he just says we are in press conferences, when the game start we retreat deep every time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Smith out of his depth I fear. Getting promoted with the second best squad in the Championship  and the Premier League is a whole different ball game. 

He looks it right now. Can he figure it out, sure. It's not all doom and gloom but man some of these decisions have really hurt us. The lack of subs, allowing his team to sit so deep.... That's the one that drives me mad. The naivety to think you can sit almost on your 18 yard box and defend for 30 minutes against an attacking team like Arsenal.  You can stay solid at the back without conceding that much of the field.  

Massive disappointment. Also the word was out there that Trez was a poor finisher but damn strike on the break in the second half was sooooooo bad. 

Â