Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/19 at 22:59

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

They are shit defensively but their offence  is brilliant. Once you sit back and allow them to come at you most teams in the league will struggle against them. 

Good choice then to sit back and let them come at you.

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Dissapointing to again surrender a lead late on in North London. I didn't see it but surely there must be positives to take out of the game. 

Lucky you, I wish I didn't either.

The only positive is that it's Sunday evening, so my weekend wasn't ruined.

Edited by AVTuco

The problem is we can't defend outside of the back 4.......The midfield and forwards need a defensive side to their game in order to see a game out and keep some kind of control on the game.

If we keep conceding territory like we do.....this is what happens.

I didn't even see the game.....but I don't have to, I see the traits every match.

The problem right now is games like this are all too predictable......someone in the pub said to me " we are 1-2 up and they are down to 10 men, but,you don't look happy, I said the game is not over yet, before i could get my breath it was 2-2 and the 3-2.

We simply don't (as a group)  have the ability to hang on, nullify or negate call it what you will......Norwich and Sheff Utd on the surface do not have better players, but they can hold out and secure points.

Something is just not right with us.

Edited by TRO

I think there is something wrong with my phone. I tried to get onto Villatalk to see reactions to the game, but clearly it has redirected me to facebook. 

Get a grip people.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

reminded me of the game we lost 3-2 in about 2011 cup match i think

we were bossing it aswell then

when van persie was coming off the bench to change the game.

Well done Smith you've turned into Alex Mcleish

6 games in - Were all disappointed but to post that even in jest ! Shocking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

I know and I'm not happy about that either. But I'm also not throwing in the towel just yet.

Throwing in the towel? What are you talking about?

People are unhappy and rightly so. No one has given up, it’s just blatantly obvious we’ll do very well to stay up this season.

We’re poor. In exactly the same areas we were poor last season. It’s frustrating.

We’ll probably go down but no one is surrendering.

I’ll be honest and admit I was expecting to lose by at least 3 clear goals and I have to say I was pretty pleased with that performance, first half at least. People going on about how poor Arsenal are, please give us some credit for putting them on the back foot for decent periods of the game.

And before complaining about substitutions please consider the quality of the players we had on the bench. Lansbury and Hourihane for McGinn and Marvelous, had they come on earlier, would have kept Arsenal out? Do me a favour.

The one big message I think the coaches need to get across is this: it’s all good and fine keeping your head and trying to play neatly out of defence in the early stages of the game when you’ve got plenty of energy and time to put things right if you screw up.  But later in the game when you’re under the cosh, just blast it into the stands ffs.

17 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So I've just read statistically Arsenal are the best team in PL history playing with ten men!

We must be the worst playing against ten men 😂 

If you only watch Aston Villa:

• Playing with a one man advantage is really hard. the other team dig in.
  • Playing a man down is impossible, how can we compete with fewer players?
  • Corners may as well be goal kicks to the other team.
  • Throw ins are pointless.

50 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yep. I knew it would happen so I switched off around 70 min mark. 

What this club always and I mean ALWAYS does are two things:

1) invite unecessary pressure by laying deep. There's no reason to do it normally, unless the team is so knackered you aren't able to run. We do it simply because we lose our bollocks the second we are in a lead. The AVFC loser mentality 100%. Deano hasn't looked into that one bit. 

2) Never use subs correctly. Wesley did **** all the second half except a tap in, which meant we had nobody to relieve pressure. Davis should have come on right away. Then you got 2-3 others who clearly were breating out their arses.

We needed that win. 

We have not been good enough for years without the ball.....I don't see much has changed in that aspect....we struggled in the championship with certain teams, who was combative.

Its great to see the team with the ball and all the fire works that go with it but you have to be able to defend, keep your shape and composure and win the battles, to go again.....you also have to press and take the game to the opposition, we struggle with all that.

We play in " Moments " to get a win/result....but we can't dominate or contain a game.

Edited by TRO

Just now, romavillan said:

You can see there's a team in there, we have a good way of playing and for the most part it works. We've shown it in patches against very good sides. Keep the faith, we'll be alright.

How many games through the season can you say that, before wondering if we're a bit shit.

"We played ok", "we were unlucky". When you constantly feel like you were unlucky, maybe it's not luck.

We're a 6th of the way through the season. It's becoming a significant amount of the way through the league. 6/38, and we have 4 points, after having a 1 man advantage for significant portions of 2 of those games. 

• Like 2

Â