Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/19 at 22:59

Completely frustrated.  I never expected any points from this game beforehand but it was there for us to take.  Why were we so open after going 2-1 in front against 10 men.  I thought to myself we were going to concede but to do it twice was incredible.  Just disappointed.

Reality is that we werent aiming for points against the likes of Arsenal away but the chance was there and would've given the club a huge boost but we have to refocus on the games we can win and must win to stay in this league.  We have to take learning from this game, and there are many of them.  Why we let them play at 2-1 down with 10 men I'll never know.  Subs were awful and our play was shocking.

Trying to take some positives out of it.  Wes scored, Jack looked better, McGinn continues to look like he's likely to score.  Our defence struggled today but I'll give them a break because they have looked good so far this season.  I like Nakamba in the middle.

Cant believe I'm so frustrated with that result but it was a chance to pick up some unlikely points.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

gutted but thought we gave a great account of ourselves. From finishing 5th in the championship to running arsenal very close at the emirates is some serious progress. This team will continue to improve.

Disappointing the way we conceded, midfield did excellent. Great to finally see some creativity.

Arsenal was completely shit and a team with any, any, quality would have put them down many times.

That showing was the worst shit I've seen.

• Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Arsenal was completely shit and a team with any, any, quality would have put them down many times.

I think Remi Garde would have something to say about that.

Very good for large parts of the game, mistakes cost us. Arsenal away wont define our season.

You look at the big 6 in the prem and you think arsenal is the one you can get something out of. (possibly man utd aswell)

everyone knows they have a rep for being soft touches.

so it hurts like hell when we capitulate like that.

its hurts even more so when you can see its so obvious what to do to get the 3points

• Like 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Arsenal are fourth in the league, perspective please.

But today they were totally shit and just waited for us to cut their head. But no, we go and bottle it. Our players are mentally weak. Teams like this get relegated, and rightly so.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Arsenal are fourth in the league, perspective please.

They didn't play that way today, and won anyway.

You play the team that shows up, not their position in the league. The Arsenal that showed up today can and should've been beaten.

Ask Norwich about playing the team on the day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think Remi Garde would have something to say about that.

Very good for large parts of the game, mistakes cost us. Arsenal away wont define our season.

I would've agreed with that before the game but the manner of that defeat I think could be hugely damaging. It feels like the Leicester game under Sherwood and we were finished after that....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Are you kidding? despite Arsenal not playing great they have players that can score at a whim and have proved that.  Their final two goals were a penalty and a freekick, not from open play.....bit of perspective please.

• Like 4

Only Aston Villa could **** up a game as much as that. To not even come away with a point from that is quite frankly shocking. We don't take our chances when on top and it seems any sort of pressure we're put under we crumble.

I seriously worry for us now, today could've been a huge moment to kick start the season and instead we've got nothing and come away mentally shot. Been mentioned by others but it does feel very Leicester 2015. I just pray to god it doesn't end up going that way again. 

Â