Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/19 at 22:59

utterly disgusting surrender.

disgracefull indecisiveness by smith it was panning out like spurs 2nd half attack v defence. nothing sticking up front. we needed davis on for wesley

the david luiz look alike was the best player for arsenal he was the only one -playing with passion. we should of done a job on him early on

that handball was a stone wall pen aswell.

why can we only play one half of football? keep making the same mistakes week in week out. Mings messing about on the back post with a suicidal header to taylor who hesitated then they're back in it and can smell the points.

It's stupidly obvious to anyone watching that game.  Fresh legs in the centre of the park and a striker who can hold it up and we are going home happy.

For large parts of that game Arsenal looked completely demoralised and very open at the back. Unfortunately we were very poor at crucial moments in the final third. There is no decisiveness about us for some reason - and it looks like we're waiting for the inevitable loss. Very concerning.

I love the game, but some of the antics of these overpaid manbabies are just ridiculous to watch. Please roll on the NHL.

3 sloppy individual errors let us down there but Smith needed to change things much sooner than he did .. we did exactly the same v Spurs so definitely a coaching thing to sit that deep 

All about staying in touch and getting some attackers in Jan , El G , Trez and Jota can’t cut it at this level , not sure about Wesley either .

• Like 1

This Arsenal team is shit. We needed more control of the ball and we would have wiped the floor clean with them. Douglas has to start next week alongside Nakamba. 

and to all the posters ‘Arsenal Are a top side no- one expected anything from us etc etc’ please watch the game again. It was there for the taking. We should have carried on attacking them. Instead we invited them over to our box time and time again.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 2

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

gutted but thought we gave a great account of ourselves. From finishing 5th in the championship to running arsenal very close at the emirates is some serious progress. This team will continue to improve.

Disappointing the way we conceded, midfield did excellent. Great to finally see some creativity.

This, hooray for perspective. 

Thought Grealish was good today aswell. 

11 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

This is the Aston villa I know and hate. 

Kick the **** ball away under pressure ffs.

Eurgh

Yep. I knew it would happen so I switched off around 70 min mark. 

What this club always and I mean ALWAYS does are two things:

1) invite unecessary pressure by laying deep. There's no reason to do it normally, unless the team is so knackered you aren't able to run. We do it simply because we lose our bollocks the second we are in a lead. The AVFC loser mentality 100%. Deano hasn't looked into that one bit. 

2) Never use subs correctly. Wesley did **** all the second half except a tap in, which meant we had nobody to relieve pressure. Davis should have come on right away. Then you got 2-3 others who clearly were breating out their arses.

We needed that win. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Â