Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/19 at 22:59

Veering away a little from the dissection of our performance, aside from the frustrations already voiced, one thing that wound my up at the end of the game was the time added on. During the 5 mins of added time Leno was booked for time-wasting and Torreira had a roll on the floor for a good minute. Ref blows up on 95:15. Absolute joke. If a player's booked for time-wasting there should be an extra minute added on minimum.

• Like 2

‘He is starting to lose the fans ‘  so what ? He isn’t losing the supporters. Fans want/ expect instant success, so they can give it large to their Blues, Albion Wolves supporting mates, it isn’t going to happen. Supporters follow the club and accept change / progress takes time they want to win matches just as much but can accept that it is always going to happen.

I watched the first half yesterday after work and will watch the 2nd half tonight, have to say we played bloody well in the first half very nice to watch.

Edit: Just to add the team played well apart from Wesley who's just absent!

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't say overly offensive, but too open........If you see the better teams ,they keep the ball much better than us and are miserly at giving it away cheaply as opposed to our benevolence.....we let teams back in much too easily.

FWIW I don't think we have enough players who are natural tacklers.....obviously Nakamba and Luiz are still to settle in, fingers crossed.....we need a Gareth Barry type in the middle.

We were leading twice?......So I think we do have an offensive tendency in our make up and to be fair the 2 goals were premiership cred.

No, I think our main problem is we lose the ball too easily, subsequently puts us on a back foot....you cannot attack without the ball, not being smug......Many factors can contribute to that, but its been around us for some time.

Our passing and moving is inconsistent and too easily disrupted.....give us space and we will play, deny us space and we struggle and lose the ball to stronger and more proficient opponents.....I think we are lacking pace in the team too, in a general sense.

Norwich do it, it's called a high press, something else that DS says is part of jis ethos, and something i see us do very seldom 9n the pitch.

In essence i think we have too many players in the side that just dont work hard enough, and it troubles me.

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Which one of the so called clear and obvious?.. 

71045847_2388948847990299_85661869662011

I'm going to stop listening to the games after this week. Bad for my blood pressure. The kind of shit above (and last time out at Palace) is the kind of shite that will get us relegated by no fault of our own.

• Like 1

So Arsenal shouldn't have had penalty, the resulting goal should've been retaken, their free kick should've been disallowed and we should've had a penalty at the end. Can't wait for these decisions to start evening themselves out over the course of the season...I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Norwich do it, it's called a high press, something else that DS says is part of jis ethos, and something i see us do very seldom 9n the pitch.

In essence i think we have too many players in the side that just dont work hard enough, and it troubles me.

I don't want to harp on the negatives too much, but your first line is what I see too

The second line is a tricky one.....I tend to agree.....what worries me is certain players, usually our best ones, work like trojans and that is one reason why we are running out of steam late on.

I feel for Jack, right now.....In his own admission he is not having the best of seasons and yet he is still having moments of good quality.......He is unfortunately playing in a team where keeping the ball, is rare, and too easily lost......so he is having to do too much to facilitate it.

At a well established premier league club like Chelsea for example....He would have senior players to help  him and take a breather.....He is chief cook and bottle washer with us, he needs better players around him.

• Thanks 1

the 3 examples shown above are each a disgrace----all were/are visible to the naked eye---without recourse even to the much heralded  VAR---!! strewth in the 3rd one Aubamajang is  what 7  foot from Moss!!!!!----thats 2 games in London where inefficient very very poor officials have cost us dearly----and it just aint right!!!!!

Still gutted. Just feels like such a waste, massive opportunity missed compounded by that sinking feeling of being cheated by officiating. They had just played in the Europa, were missing players and were mostly crap and we didnt take our deserved points on balance. I was already looking at the table and thinking we'll turn a corner now, 7 points from 6 with a couple of decent wins is solid enough.

To have that taken away feels like we are starting again to try and build the momentum we already had with the positive showing first half. Even if we beat Burnley, my head still tells me we're 3 points behind where we should be. Hate when it takes so long to let go of the events of previous game.

The officiating is a real difficult one and I mean, really difficult.

Var seems to have had no positive affect for us, what so ever......its an old chesnut " I didn't see it from Refs, but they seem to see the crucial calls for the tops teams,

Now I am loathe to go in to Bias, because i think it may be a bit strong a word and pre conceived, maybe a tendency might be more fitting.

I can only speculate what goes through the minds of these referees and can equally only guess when VAR is called on to be used.....as i can see, Goal line decisions are its bag.

I am honestly staggered at the poor standard of officiating I have seen to date in this league.....I thought we had left behind that low standard when we left the Championship.

For me ,It is really worrying.....someone should be talking to the referees body with all our examples and asking for their opinions as we are not happy.......at least it would be highlighted, even if nothing is done.

Referee's our eyes are on you.

Edited by TRO

Â