Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/19 at 22:59

Think the mistake was bringing off Trezeguet, Arsenal seemed to be wary of him all throughout but then with Elmo coming on we lost quite a bit of attacking quality. Sitting back and defending against ten men (agree with the previous poster that it's natural for the players to do that anyway) was always going to end one way, we needed to keep them pinned back. Wasted too many golden chances too. Such a frustrating game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Very disappointed to get nothing from that game but our season won’t be defined by results at the Emirates. 

I wish we could kill teams off though.

You need to get a few ‘unexpected’ results in order to stay up though.

We keep throwing ours away. 

• Like 1

Dean Smith absolutely shit the bed with this one.

Should've brought Nakamba and McGinn/Grealish off to be replaced by Conor and Lansbury.  We needed fresh legs.  Instead he brought off Trez for invisible Elmo.

Further evidence that Trez is the only one with pace and a trick, so once he'd gone as the outlet we had nothing.  Just like against West Ham with not having him at all.  There was no way for us to break once he'd gone.  We through the towel in.

Worrying.

• Like 2

Just now, jim said:

Smith out of his depth I fear. Getting promoted with the second best squad in the Championship  and the Premier League is a whole different ball game. 

Here we go again. Fancy another bet ? 

Bet you £100 to a charity of your choice we stay up with Dean Smith in charge. 

• Like 3

Bottled it two weeks in a row against a sides that have gone down to ten men. Should have at the very least got a point. I think Smith had an absolute shocker today as we had the chance to make subs and shore up the centre of midfield but he failed to do so until we had conceded the third. Very poor from Deano.

We've lost that one on the substitutions - Hourihane and Lansbury for Nakamba and El Ghazi was the right choice but it should have happened ten minutes earlier. We've not learned the lesson against Tottenham, we got tired and retreated into our box. Poor decision making off the field and tiredness on it has caught us out.

Overall, we did okay I thought, matched them for an hour and we're unlucky not to come away with a point - but we're unlucky a lot and we need to be very careful we're not unlucky to be relegated at the end of the season.

• Like 4

I think this was a loss by our choice. Sitting back has not worked before, and it was no surprise that it did not work today.

And I am starting to get frustrated by Mings, who is taking too much time with the ball and is reckless. Why not just hit the ball away instead of doing the things that get you into trouble?

I wish Julian Nagelsmann was our manager. Smith is bottling his own philosophy. Lambert did the same. Where’s the high press? Where’s the possession? Where’s the off the cuff plays in the final third. We look like being relegated. This Arsenal team is shit. And that’s with 11 men.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Here we go again. Fancy another bet ? 

Bet you £100 to a charity of your choice we stay up with Dean Smith in charge. 

Make it a grand I’m that confident he’d take us down. But he won’t he’ll be sacked by Christmas. 

Leaving the ground now.

dean smith is not good enough at this level. Bang average manager and simply his changes cost us the game today.

absolutely devastated but mostly pure anger at the incompetence on the touchline

• Like 2

This team and will go down, no doubt. 

Manager has some good traits, but my Lord has he no game management skills at all.

The team lacks a leader, a calming figure. Jack isn't one, and Mings is a hot-head.

Voted Lansbury MotM, he was least shit.

I hate these players and manager.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Taking Trez off and bringing Elmo on was a mistake. Everything Deano preaches about going for the kill he goes against. We were creating and being wasteful start of second half, get lucky to go back ahead so quick then absolutely **** it. Pissed off. Another huge chance missed. Cant keep saying this every week. Burnley at home next, not the sort to give us much. Sjahagnerghvhhncddgbvzdhhsegc!!!!???

• Like 1

Â