Doing a Fulham

KentVillan

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I know you're all desperate to hear what I think about the notion of us doing a Fulham.

Luckily I was interviewed for the Premier League Daily podcast, so the wait is over!

https://play.acast.com/s/manchesterfootballsocial/a5c841b4-69b0-47aa-812e-cf9559f6354f

21:50 for those who are lazy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought I would try and propose an darkest timeline Villa summer window, in which we only sign 5 or 6 players and try and make a fist of it that way. 

So first of all assessing the squad we were left with we only had one recognised centre half. And he has one working knee. As an absolute minimum we needed to sign 3 centre halves and for continuity we are going to go with Mings, Hause and Konsa, the latter of whom has at least worked with Smith before. The benefit of Hause being he can also chip in at left back, thus (thankfully) relegating Taylor to left-back in the changing room. Hutton isn't retained, nobody is that barmy. At least we have Guilbert. 

From there I am going to say we don't need to be wasting valuable resources on a keeper when we have 3 on the books already. Whether Kalinic wants to be here or not is for the gods, he's just going to have to suck it up because Nyland clearly isn't a) fit enough, b) fancied or c) good enough. Steer gets the nod. Sorted.

In midfield we are going to have to give Whelan a new contract and go with him, Hourihane, Jack and McGinn whilst hoping Lansbury can find some level of consistent fitness and that Birkir is also happy knocking about outside the squad most weeks. I'm all about that squad harmony.

I'm not retaining Jedinak, he was finished in the Premier League when he dropped down 3 years ago. The same can probably be said of Whelan but needs must as we only have one winger on the books right now and my target is 6 signings max. Maybe Ramsey and JDH can step up when required, which is unfortunate as I would love to have the option of sending them out on loan. 

That one remaining winger is Andre Green. So our 4th signing is El Ghazi and our 5th Jota. The thought of Albert Adomah pelting it into walls at the Premier League level is enough to give man palpitations. So 3 wingers plus some combo of RHM and O'Hare. Again loans would be nice to aid their long term development, but here we are. 

Then I'm adding Wesley up top as our 6th and final signing. 

tl;dr - it's a terrible idea IMO. 

But Allardyce says we should have only signed 3 players.

Could you have another go please 😜

• Like 1

Villa are shit and doing a Fulham but also: Villa have really strengthened their squad and should be investigated Villa under FFP rules. Covering all bases there.

I wish Wolves Twitter would stop giving me such a throbbing boner.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

But Allardyce says we should have only signed 3 players.

Could you have another go please 😜

You'd have to retain Adomah, Whelan, Elphick and Jedi. Probably Hutton too so Elmo can play on the wings rather than RB.

Sign Mings, Hause and Wesley

Would've been insane.

---------------------Steer-----------------

Guilbert--Chester-Mings-Hause

-------------------Whelan---------------

------------Jack-------John------------

Elmo------------------------------Adomah

-------------------Wesley--------------------

Bench: Kalinic, Elphick, Hutton, Green, Kodjia, Hourihane, Lansbury

Jedinak, O'Hare, RHM and Davis likely all need to make 7-10 appearances too, with JDH, Ramsey and Bree all an injury to the squad away from being relied upon in the middle of a relegation battle.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 09:56, KentVillan said:

Villa are shit and doing a Fulham but also: Villa have really strengthened their squad and should be investigated Villa under FFP rules. Covering all bases there.

I wish Wolves Twitter would stop giving me such a throbbing boner.

Wolves fans should probably look at the questionable, favourable transfer dealing through their agent connection before worrying about us.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2019 at 15:58, NurembergVillan said:

I know you're all desperate to hear what I think about the notion of us doing a Fulham.

Luckily I was interviewed for the Premier League Daily podcast, so the wait is over!

https://play.acast.com/s/manchesterfootballsocial/a5c841b4-69b0-47aa-812e-cf9559f6354f

Thanks Rob. Way too much sense for the average football fan!

• Like 1