Doing a Fulham

KentVillan

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Again if the ref is giving free kicks to one team and not to the other for exactly the same fouls naturally the team (Villa) are going to struggle. 

P.S Newcastle last season didn’t get a win until November. My brother is a Newcastle fan so I know this because he bitched every week until they did.

I'm not saying it's over. 

I'm just worried. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

To be honest I've just taken it to mean relegation now. 

We are in the bottom 3. There are obvious errors. I think it's fair to be worried from what we have seen.

Ok I don’t take “ doing a Fulham” the way you do, so we aren’t even debating the same thing.

As to your second point, yes we are. But honestly, does any thinking person look at a league table after 4 games ? I guess it’s the modern way, but no less silly for that.

Obvious errors ? Well we agree on that, but, really, who thought there wouldn’t be, who thinks other Clubs, probably about 86 of them aren’t saying that ?

Worried, fair ?

Its fair if someone wants to worry, of course. But it’s by no means the only sensible view.....and my Post didn’t say anyone worried was not allowed to be.

Its going to be perspective, expectations, rinse and repeat, all Season.

It seems to me there’s a fair few lacking one and having too much of the other.....but that’s not what I was commenting on, it was the “ doing a Fulham”  bit 👍

• Thanks 1

There’s no need to worry. It’s just a game. We have shown enough in the first few games to show we are a threat. We played some beautiful stuff against Spurs. We dominated Bournemouth and we we’re comfortable against everton with the exception of two chances which were mistakes from us.  

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We will get 4 points from that lot.

Well I want 20 points minimum by new year so going to need to grind out the wins at VP. 3-4 needed. Would be nice to have a season in prem where we're good at home. That didn't even happen in the MON era when we used to win more away.

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

There’s no need to worry. It’s just a game. We have shown enough in the first few games to show we are a threat. We played some beautiful stuff against Spurs. We dominated Bournemouth and we we’re comfortable against everton with the exception of two chances which were mistakes from us.  

Unfortunately showing enough doesn’t equate to results. We need results quickly. We aren’t getting any favours from officials, clearly (not that any team should get favours anyway). However, we need to be in control of our own destiny, and, unfortunately, I don’t think we are performance wise, at the moment anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Unfortunately showing enough doesn’t equate to results. We need results quickly. We aren’t getting any favours from officials, clearly (not that any team should get favours anyway). However, we need to be in control of our own destiny, and, unfortunately, I don’t think we are performance wise, at the moment anyway. 

We got a result just eight days ago.

Lets say we battled for a draw today and at Spurs on the opening day and also drew with Bournemouth after being 2 down. Add in defeat to Everton and that would still be same points total but think people would be more excited e.g. "it will click soon" etc.

Of course I'm not saying 3 points from 12 points is great but many teams in this league have just 4 or 5 points to their name atm. At least we have won a game, many promoted teams in last decade haven't won any until October or even November and been pretty much relegated as a result.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We got a result just eight days ago.

Lets say we battled for a draw today and at Spurs on the opening day and also drew with Bournemouth after being 2 down. Add in defeat to Everton and that would still be same points total but think people would be more excited e.g. "it will click soon" etc.

Of course I'm not saying 3 points from 12 points is great but many teams in this league have just 4 or 5 points to their name atm. At least we have won a game, many promoted teams in last decade haven't won any until October or even November and been pretty much relegated as a result.

We’ve got one result in four, true. Personally I think we have looked bad in the games we have lost. Haven’t seen today’s game but from the sounds of things we were atrocious. We just can’t afford to be, else we are down. Simple as. 

As I said, it doesn’t matter about other teams. We need to be in charge. Not thinking it’s all ok because other teams haven’t won a game yet. 

Im unhappy at the moment. It’s not what I was expecting. Was thinking very differently leading up to August 10th.   

59 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Everton had more than two chances. Just saying!

The points total doesn't worry me right now. The performances and how we look in the final 3rd does. 

After 4 games, the points are too close to do anything. Performances are worrying. 

Wesley has looked fine in 1 game. Wingers look way to lightweight. Our star midfield players from last year are not imposing themselves into games enough. 

And with performances, this last one was utterly abysmal

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We’ve got one result in four, true. Personally I think we have looked bad in the games we have lost. Haven’t seen today’s game but from the sounds of things we were atrocious. We just can’t afford to be, else we are down. Simple as. 

As I said, it doesn’t matter about other teams. We need to be in charge. Not thinking it’s all ok because other teams haven’t won a game yet. 

Im unhappy at the moment. It’s not what I was expecting. Was thinking very differently leading up to August 10th.   

Well no we just have to be less atrocious than 3 other teams. We have to get used to Villa losing more games than winning this season. We have been in all the 4 games we have played this season I honestly don't think we are that far off. But it is going to be a tough season and anyone who thought we would get top half is deluded.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We need to change our formation. Our best players are in midfield, our threat is from midfield.

We shall just play a diamond. I think we’ll improve that way.

Agreed. 

Gutted about today but I'm still confident we will stay up. It was always going to be tough for a few months given the changes in the summer. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure bed wetting is fair. 

There are some serious concerns with this team after 4 games. To call it bed wetting for anyone who thinks it or is worried is a bit of a joke. 

Blind faith doesn't really mean much.

1 bad performance - ruined by refereeing incompetence at any rate. 

I think it's absolutely fair to label it as bed wetting.  

• Haha 1

Just now, bobzy said:

1 bad performance - ruined by refereeing incompetence at any rate. 

I think it's absolutely fair to label it as bed wetting.  

It was a dire performance without the ref being shit. 

Again, I'm not sure how being worried or concerned is bed wetting. 

If it was people say that's it we are doomed and down then fair enough. But 4 games has shown things to be concerned about. 

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I get that it is metaphorical, but what kind of comment equals "bed wetting", just so we are clear?

It's just the usual nonsense from the same people. If you're not positive in everything you post the insults come out. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If it was people say that's it we are doomed and down then fair enough. But 4 games has shown things to be concerned about. 

I think you underestimate the effect a poor official can have on a team!

You get the frustration which can bring out the worst in anyone.

You get the feeling of unjust and think what's the point the game is gone!

You get the doubt in your head.  If he goes down will I get booked?? Etc.

The effect is massive

• Like 1

Just now, New_Hope said:

I think you underestimate the effect a poor official can have on a team!

You get the frustration which can bring out the worst in anyone.

You get the feeling of unjust and think what's the point the game is gone!

You get the doubt in your head.  If he goes down will I get booked?? Etc.

The effect is massive

I watched the game and I think that's making excuses. 

The ref didn't make their players faster and stronger. The ref didn't make our players have zero creativity in the final 3rd. 

The ref was poor. We were worse. 

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You literally said you think we might be doing a Fulham.  Bed wetting.

• Like 1