Doing a Fulham

KentVillan

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater, it's still too early to come out with this notion that we're doing a Fulham. We were decent against Spurs had a good second half against Bournemouth and beat Everton. Today is the first time where we've looked truly abject. Could well be a bad day at the office.

I do have some creeping concerns, especially over the midfield and our wide options, this season is going to be hard and I'd imagine we'll need to sign one or two in January.

Fair enough, as opposed to the ridiculous bed wetting of some.

For me, whilst we were poor, I maintain the only people disappointed ( as opposed to concerned) are those who are unrealistic.

Watch any of about 12 sides every game and most will produce a host of 2, 3, 4/10 performances.

It isn’t whether we perform badly that matters, but how often.

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Fair enough, as opposed to the ridiculous bed wetting of some.

For me, whilst we were poor, I maintain the only people disappointed ( as opposed to concerned) are those who are unrealistic.

Watch any of about 12 sides every game and most will produce a host of 2, 3, 4/10 performances.

It isn’t whether we perform badly that matters, but how often.

Not sure bed wetting is fair. 

There are some serious concerns with this team after 4 games. To call it bed wetting for anyone who thinks it or is worried is a bit of a joke. 

Blind faith doesn't really mean much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There are some serious concerns with this team after 4 games. To call it bed wetting for anyone who thinks it or is worried is a bit of a joke. 

Hear yourself! After 4 games. Give them time and they'll be fine. Having shite refs time and again doesn't help. 

• Haha 1

This is the defacto relegation thread right? I think given we are in the relegation spots after 4 games that it's a valid old thread - I personally don't think it's soon enough to know where we are headed yet - but for sure as it stands we are not good enough - 34 games left though!

Just now, Villarocker said:

Hear yourself! After 4 games. Give them time and they'll be fine. Having shite refs time and again doesn't help. 

Bottom line - three teams will get relegated at the end of the season. It's not 'ridiculous' for people to have concluded that we might be one of them, based on our performances and results so far. Pessimistic maybe, but not ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I haven't said anything is definite. 

I've said there are worries and concerns after 3 losses out of 4. 

What's the problem?

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I did say “ of some”...particularly Twitter / Facebook.

Blind Faith means nothing whatsoever, but neither does blind panic.

I don’t have serious concerns. I think we’ve done ok. But if someone has serious concerns that’s fine.

But surely any half rational person doesn’t form conclusions after 4 games.

Plus, I can’t understand Villa fans buying  into such a ludicrous notion....any Villa fan knows there is a huge difference between what Fulham did and what we did. 

So, even to those with concerns, I find the “ doing a Fulham” concept silly.

Anyway, I know what the next few weeks will be like online so it’s probably my own fault 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

I did say “ of some”...particularly Twitter / Facebook.

Blind Faith means nothing whatsoever, but neither does blind panic.

I don’t have serious concerns. I think we’ve done ok. But if someone has serious concerns that’s fine.

But surely any half rational person doesn’t form conclusions after 4 games.

Plus, I can’t understand Villa fans buying  into such a ludicrous notion....any Villa fan knows there is a huge difference between what Fulham did and what we did. 

So, even to those with concerns, I find the “ doing a Fulham” concept silly.

Anyway, I know what the next few weeks will be like online so it’s probably my own fault 🙂

To be honest I've just taken it to mean relegation now. 

We are in the bottom 3. There are obvious errors. I think it's fair to be worried from what we have seen.

We have had 4 games in which we could easily have been unbeaten. The ref fooked us today. We should have battered Bournemouth, Spurs we were given two bad decisions which may have changed the game, Everton we beat. 

My concern is that people will (if they haven't already) start panicking and that will spread to the players and make them nervous. We have a much younger squad these days and they are largely adjusting to Premier League and area. Most probably don't even have a home laid down here! 

Those players need our undivided support. If we give them that, they will be fine. Getting on their backs will make them nervous and it'll just make life harder for them. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think we will pick up most of our points at home 

Our away run up to xmas is dreadful.

Arsenal

Norwich (been abysmal there since Lambert's golden run on that ground)

Man. City

Wolves

Chelsea

Man. United

Don't see much there at all so we need 3-4 wins at VP by mid December.

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We have had 4 games in which we could easily have been unbeaten. The ref fooked us today. We should have battered Bournemouth, Spurs we were given two bad decisions which may have changed the game, Everton we beat. 

What?

With Walcott's miss, it's more realistic to say we might have not won yet. 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We're actually doing worse than Fulham, last season after four games they were in thirteenth place. Only encouragement was that the bottom three was West Ham, Burnley, and Newcastle, none of whom ended up getting relegated. But we can't keep dismissing defeats.

Actually interesting looking at that table. Cardiff in 16th had only two points. Already by the third game all but Watford had at least 3 points.

Brighton last season could've stayed up on 34 points, that total will certainly relegate you this year.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What?

With Walcott's miss, it's more realistic to say we might have not won yet. 

With Mcginn not being given the foul against Spurs we would have been 2-0 up. Had Engels scored the header against Bournemouth......If buts and maybes. 

Edited by Sulberto21

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

With Mcginn not being given the foul against Spurs we would have been 2-0 up. Had Engels scored the header against Bournemouth......If buts and maybes. 

Huge ifs and buts  

Reality is we are 18th with 1 win and 3 losses. And we looked abysmal today

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Our away run up to xmas is dreadful.

Arsenal

Norwich (been abysmal there since Lambert's golden run on that ground)

Man. City

Wolves

Chelsea

Man. United

Don't see much there at all so we need 3-4 wins at VP by mid December.

We will get 4 points from that lot.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Huge ifs and buts  

Reality is we are 18th with 1 win and 3 losses. And we looked abysmal today

Again if the ref is giving free kicks to one team and not to the other for exactly the same fouls naturally the team (Villa) are going to struggle. 

Reality is Referee made a shocking decision which even the neutrals are identifying.

P.S Newcastle last season didn’t get a win until November. My brother is a Newcastle fan so I know this because he bitched every week until they did.

Edited by Sulberto21