Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

16 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He is really bloody good at two things. 1) Running 2) Positioning 

He really has this Kante/Makelele/Gana'esque ability to cover ground and do it simple. 

And our midfield looks so balanced with him. Superb footballer. 

Apart from that I have been very impressed with his passing, he has played some lovely diagonals and spread the play well with sideways passes out to the full backs.

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No we should call this out whenever it happens and the club should react to it too. Can’t just ignore it, we made excuses with the Tammy chant as it was just a few in one pub. Then Konsa’s is on the terraces and there was a push against calling that out as the racist chant that it was..

Now it’s been adapted to shoehorn in 3 racist remarks for Nakamba at an away game. We should call it out and condemn it.

Yeah I mean we're all Villa fans but in the grand scheme of things calling out moronic racism is definitely more important than us picking up three points against Norwich.

This stuff just isn't on, misplaced endearment for our own players or otherwise racism is racism and everyone partaking in that song is an embarrassment.

• Like 2

I thought Douglas Luiz would be the better option and keep Nakamba out of the team - but this guy has been really impressive and is rightly keeping his place.

Nakamba, McGinn and Grealish looks a genuinely strong midfield 3, with some quality on the bench behind them. Lovely to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm.not even going to comment on a fee mindless idiots. 

The win is all that matters.

Perhaps the real poet of the Holte is on holiday.

just desperate attempts to be funny and its not even close to that.....I have no time for it.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought Douglas Luiz would be the better option and keep Nakamba out of the team - but this guy has been really impressive and is rightly keeping his place.

Nakamba, McGinn and Grealish looks a genuinely strong midfield 3, with some quality on the bench behind them. Lovely to see. 

They are different types of players.

Nakamba is a dm, Luiz is box to box.

Luiz is competing with Hourihane. Nakamba is competing with himself.

I say this and i honestly believe this. Nakamba is the only player in our squad who is genuinely undroppable.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Mcginn, Grealish and Nakamba hasn't been the midfield 3 for the last couple of games.

The midfield 3 has been Mcginn, nakamba and hourihane/Luiz with Grealish in a left inside forward/free role.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Mcginn, Grealish and Nakamba hasn't been the midfield 3 for the last couple of games.

The midfield 3 has been Mcginn, nakamba and hourihane/Luiz with Grealish in a left inside forward/free role.

We don't really use wingers.

We use inside forwards. That's the reason why Smith teams score so many goals.

32 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

**** off, none of you are welcome at the Villa.

These players and their families have sacrificed a huge amount to reach the level they are at today, particularly Nakamba who no doubt did not have a smooth route into the Premier League coming from a country that has suffered a lot of hardships over time. And after all those sacrifices and your own 'fans' call you a slave. God, it's infuriating just knowing we have to stand with these lot every week.

Hopefully the club takes action about this, and shame on them if they sweep it under the carpet. I know people at the club read these forums to gauge fan's opinions from time to time so they should be aware of this. If they don't take action then other fans must intervene. Season bans and some proper history lessons has to be a minimum punishment.

We shouldn't be afraid to call out this behaviour because it makes us 'look bad' as a club - what makes us look bad is allowing it to happen. And on a side note for all those who don't understand how this is racist, think it's too PC etc - give your head a wobble. 

Too Right.

Its not even a youth thing....its low intelligence.....I have never got involved in it , even when I was young and I was brought up in rough areas of Birmingham....and liked a tot.

Its sickening and  grossly unintelligent.....I don't want to share my time at a game with these morons.....sing about Villa fine......but this low life stuff, should be rooted out.

I too agree the crowd should show its disdain for this sad kind of tribalism.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shame our fans have taken the stupid, racist Konsa chant and adapted it for Marvelous now.

Pathetic really.

His chant should be the following:

He came from Zimbabwe

Marvellous, Marvellous

He never gives the ball away

Marvellous, Marvellous

If they get the ball he wins it back

He lays it off to Villa's attack

Marvellous Nakamba Villa's Anchor Man

Na na na na na na na, na 

Na na na na na na na, na 

Na na na na na na na na

Marvellous Nakamba Villa's Anchor Man

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shame our fans have taken the stupid, racist Konsa chant and adapted it for Marvelous now.

What a ridiculously stupid thing to sing. It's racist and it's not welcome. Way to go and mar a good result and an exceptional performance from Marvelous. 

• Like 3

Quite a few defended the konsa song. There are even rumours that he actually likes the song which for reasons unknown to me apparently makes it OK. Surely no one can defend this.

He deserves his own song...can people really not think of better than this rip off the shite maguire chant?

Â