Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How does a chant like that even happen? Did all these morons discuss the words and then break out in to song. Or did one or two of them start it and others join in? 

The Rasta and big c**k part is ignorant and stupid. But the master part is just f**king shameful. 

I read Rasta and facepalmed. I had no idea it was about to get way worse. 

Great game. As Smith says maybe the best player on the pitch. Also come on we are Villa, we are better than that racist chanting nonsense, our excellent away support & Marvellous dont want that chant following them around. 

Back to the game though, he really does seem to be a very good fit for that role. I am happy as anything, I like Conor there, I like Douglas Luis. Feels like we have genuine competition.

28 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Great game. As Smith says maybe the best player on the pitch. Also come on we are Villa, we are better than that racist chanting nonsense, our excellent away support & Marvellous dont want that chant following them around. 

Back to the game though, he really does seem to be a very good fit for that role. I am happy as anything, I like Conor there, I like Douglas Luis. Feels like we have genuine competition.

First time in years we can genuinely say we have a good midfield. Henri Lansbury is like 6th choice right now and he's no slouch himself.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Jesus I don’t want to see/hear this shit at Villa. If the fans are too idiotic to sort themselves out then the club really has to step in. 

The club should ban them. Plenty of people happy to take their tickets/seats. 

• Like 3

As for the player, wow, he's good. I was impressed after Burnley, but he was even better against Norwich. He makes such quick decisions on the ball, and isn't flustered in tight situations. 

Great for ball retention but also perfect foil for Grealish and McGinn. If we can get Grealish in particular on the ball higher up the pitch, then we're a greater goal threat. Marvelous looks like he'll be able to do that. I'm interested in how good he is defensively against the more dominant sides. 

I had a little chuckle to myself yesterday as I watched Man United lose to Newcastle. I think we have a better central midfield than United. A few years ago that would have been an outrageous claim. Now, I could see a few neutrals agreeing with me. Bloody Marvelous.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Be louder than the minority of idiots. Keep cheer him on. It's the best way getting rid of racism.

Do not give these idiots the attention they crave. You are only making things worse.

I take offence to you saying that any of my actions make racism worse. Whilst I think I understand what you are trying to say, what you have said is incorrect!!!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

pleased that they've acknowledged it. a wonderful performance + result, with royal family in attendance, overshadowed by a few morons

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Agreed, but I'm glad the club has come out to try and stop it before it picked up momentum in the media.

also, the konsa one was initially brushed under the carpet with many saying "oh it'll just stay in the pubs/concourses" well that's made it to the holte end now...good to nip this in the bud straight away

unfortunately by making the statement, there will be additional media attention

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

also, the konsa one was initially brushed under the carpet with many saying "oh it'll just stay in the pubs/concourses" well that's made it to the holte end now...good to nip this in the bud straight away

unfortunately by making the statement, there will be additional media attention

The papers had already been reporting on it this morning from the angle of 'Villa fan group slams chants' and I don't see how it can get more negative after the club making a statement.

You're right that a lot more people will now be aware of it. Also a fair point that the Konsa one wasn't initially addressed when you'd expect someone at a senior level to know of it.

• Like 2

A real disappointment that a performance like that has been somewhat ruined by a few idiots. 

It would be a shame to see this affect him in any way but it shouldn't right? He's been an absolutely fantastic signing. 

Edited by Farlz

That's why I said 'has to'. I think it's good that they've made the statement, they could have easily not done so and hoped that this and any negative attention would go away, but it's more important to let people know that these kind of chants aren't acceptable.

Edited by useless

I feel so ashamed for Aston Villa.

The club had to make this statement before the media reports go viral. It's giving the chants some exposure but will ultimately prevent the story from blowing up. Active communication takes the wind out of the media's sails.

The one positive I take from this is that I can't imagine this type of communication taking place under Lerner or Xia. It shows that the club is now being run by the right people.

• Like 1

Â