Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Not really, I just figured that he's the only read DM in the traditional sense that we've got, and we're not quite good enough to play without one yet. Going to be a very important player for us.

He is really bloody good at two things. 1) Running 2) Positioning 

He really has this Kante/Makelele/Gana'esque ability to cover ground and do it simple. 

And our midfield looks so balanced with him. Superb footballer. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Absolute heartbeat of the side at the moment, always involved, does the simple things well and makes the trickier stuff look simple. The more games he gets the stronger he's looking. Positioning, strength, composure, passing, tackling, ball carrying, he has pretty much all you would ask for other than height. Hopefully he can keep this up or even better, keep the progression going further. 

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

He has been getting a six from a lot of the match reports, which I find stunning. He was excellent defensively, breaking up their attacks and mopping up loose balls.

I’m convinced many player scores are not based on watching the match, but just a quick scan of the very basic stats. Something like - start with a score of 5; -1 for an own goal or bad pass assisting a goal against; +1 for being on the winning side; +1 for one assist or a goal, +2 for two assists or goals; +3 for three assists or goals.

Not watching the game and not considering the more detailed statistics such as tackles won, transitional plays and key passes are the only explanations for some player scores.

Read the thread title and instantly thought someone thought he was playing well and deserved praise. Then I remembered it's his actual name. Top stuff. 

Should sign Michael Gash, just to pair up with Marvelous 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1

He has been getting a six from a lot of the match reports, which I find stunning. He was excellent defensively, breaking up their attacks and mopping up loose balls.

Probably because half the people giving scores don't actually understand football......

• Like 1

I think that'll do for me. If he gets a 6 every game that means he's better than average for a top flight player. Thought he was worth an 8 today though.

Before he played, I thought he was quite pricey for a Douglas Luiz back-up, who would probably only get 10-15 appearances for us this season. Two premier league appearances later, and I’m in love. I now have no fears of Man City activating a buy-back for Luiz, because he is currently back-up to Sir Marvelous!

There was a moment when Norwich had the ball, an iffy pass saw an alert Nakamba move and intercept, which isn't really a highlight.....

.... except this intercept was also a first time, beautifully weighted and directed pass to Jack - who sauntered upfield, laid off to El Ghazi, received the return pass, scored our 3rd and effectively finished off any Norwich comeback.

Superb from Nakamba.

• Like 3

Â