Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's sharp, sensible and nippy. I like him a lot. Another good performance today.

He’s a little bit N’golo Kante in some of his play and energy. Simply marvellous 

• Like 1

He doesn't look comfortable at all on the ball.

But he hasn't lost it yet and doesn't hide away like some, even when it's tough.

He goes where he's needed, receives the ball under pressure and plays it as best he can.

Keeps his place for me.

Just now, villan-scott said:

I don’t agree with this. I felt he was very composed and comfortable and made the right pass pretty much every time. 

He carried the ball through the middle a few times. 

I really like him. 

I also like him.

Maybe he is comfortable? He looks like an octopus on roller skates to me at times.

Perhaps, ungraceful is a fairer word.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I also like him.

Maybe he is comfortable? He looks like an octopus on roller skates to me at times.

Perhaps, ungraceful is a fairer word.

He looks like he doesn't know what he's doing but he's absolutely in control and very cool. It's a bit like McGinn and will continue to bamboozle defenders.

He impressed me yesterday. He has a good awareness of his passing options and where the space is before he receives the ball. His first touch is good too, as such he's seems very good at receiving the ball in tight situations and either turning and running into space or finding a teammate with a first time pass. 

He also pinged a couple of lovely cross field passes to the full backs when the short passing options were not on. 

He seems to work really hard, has decent acceleration too and seems combative too. He's obviously not particularly big or strong which is probably his biggest weakness. He looks like a pretty well rounded DCM to me. 

Douglas Luiz will be hoping we persevere with the team shape we played yesterday so that he can have a go in Hourihane's role, because I can't see him getting ahead of Nakamba at the moment. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The next Idrissa Gueye, just so similar to him, very good defensively, great engine and good with the ball, a revelation in that position for us.

Yep, definitely reminds me of him

Makes such a difference having someone with an engine in that position infront of the back 4, less pressure on them and also allows forwards more freedom

Â