Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Thought he was very accomplished in breaking up the play. Will get better at finding team mates when  he gets more comfortable with his team mates.

For me I've got hm ahead of Luiz because his starting positions give us options whereas Luiz sits on or between the centre halves allowing the opposition to take advantage of the lack of a midfielder.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

How did he play versus arsenal?, why was he taken off?

Not well for me.

Uncomfortable on the ball throughout.

He definitely was a victim of Grealish and McGinn tiring massively in front of him but he was being pulled out of position regardless. Couple of 1-2s round him when he was pushing forward when unsure what to do.

Tough for him with two shattered players next to him though.

I like him. Probably top 10 PL players methinks. Our central midfield is pretty bloody good. Like the commentators said after the first half, our central midfield was arguably proving to be better than what Arsenal put out. 

The problem arrived when they got knackered and Deano did nothing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Well I thought he played very well up until.it all fell apart.

Seems to be alot criticising him but personally thought he fought hard and gave SJM and Jack a platform to build off.

Once we sat back so deep everyone fell apart

Can't criticise him at all - he was superb! McGinn and Grealish gave the ball away a bit today and left him counter-attacked on a few times. Second half, he stuck a boot out to deflect a goal bound shot wide and then defended the corner too and got it clear when under threat. We need to play him as DM every game. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Can't criticise him at all - he was superb! McGinn and Grealish gave the ball away a bit today and left him counter-attacked on a few times. Second half, he stuck a boot out to deflect a goal bound shot wide and then defended the corner too and got it clear when under threat. We need to play him as DM every game. 

I’m not disagreeing with you at all here but what happens to Douglas Luiz? I think that instead of purchasing 2 DMs, we could have bought a decent striker with the Luiz money

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Does the dm role so much better than Luiz. The role just seem more natural to Nakamba.

The place is for him to lose now.

It’s been a problem position for us for years on but I think it’s been solved by Smith. Nakamba looks class

• Like 1

Â