Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I think Nakamba is the real deal. Not as technically gifted as our other midfielders, but positionally you can see he senses danger and anticipates the second ball well. With him in front of Mings, Engels and Heaton you really feel like we have a spine that can keep clean sheets, and that will help us nick points.

Can only echo this, it’s a top 10 spine for me

Still prefer Luiz on that showing tonight.

Perhaps the 10 men opposition swayed it, but Luiz is far more comfortable on the ball and spraying passes than Marvellous and I saw nothing outstanding in his work off the ball.....

... but perhaps that's just because he was doing his job?

If you accept his first 50% game time was adjusting, thought his second 50% was very good: snappy, full of energy, hungry for action, some very good and unexpected interceptions.

Has to start for me vs Arsenal. Our defence is so much better this season and he can help build us into a defensive rock.

For a debut he did a brilliant job, I'd say he made what could of been two very costly errors, fortunately we stamped it out which was pretty damn impressive at how fast our player got back.

Saw enough to suggest he's going to make the DCM role his own. 
If Luiz is going to get in the team, he is either going to replace one of Grealish/McGinn (unlikely) or one of those players will have to push out wide to accomodate.

Our wingers aren't good enough. 

He broke up play really well but seemed to struggle after. Really early to be judging a player but from that performance I'm not sure how much of a dean smith player he is.

Bruce would be drawing up a new contract over breakfast! 

Edited by Nigel

He looks like he could be an Idrissa Gueye or a Kante

not quite up to the speed of the game yet , but he impressed me with his intensity.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, TRO said:

He looks like he could be an Idrissa Gueye or a Kante

not quite up to the speed of the game yet , but he impressed me with his intensity.

Yeah, I am really starting to think having both nakamba and Luiz in the 2 x DM position where they take it in turns to break forward, would really free up Grealish, Mcginn and another AM trio to really push forward and support Wesley more.

I think I would go Luiz and Nakamba in the DM roles where they take it in turn to do box to box, then Grealish, Mcginn and either trez or jota in an AM 3 that are a bit more central or inside AM supporting Wesley more, and use targett and Guilbert for the width.

Obviously the left and right AM could break wider as required, but regardless I just think the 4231 might suit us better, especially if having nakamba and Luiz in the DM role, would allow Mcginn to press further up the pitch and Grealish to play further up the pitch without constantly worrying about covering behind them.

However, I am also almost certain this will never happen as Deano seems very set on his 433 wide formation regardless of how good or not good our wing options are, can only see him sticking with it come hell or high water.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

On 17/09/2019 at 05:33, abdulaziz1 said:

Saw a lot from him this games and Walsall to say that he's a good player. He had 3-4 bad passes which could have led to something, but other than that I think very promising performance.

First 15 he was adjusting last 15 he was tired. Brilliant the 50 minutes in between. No options from John or elmo leaving him with either guilbert or Jack to play it to when on the right. But when he was on the left he lost the ball a lot fewer times just need to replace Taylor. 

Â