Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Last week was my favourite performance of his to date, today he topped that. Honestly love it when you see him charge forward and press, he also looked more confident with possession and played some decent passes with a much calmer demeanour. Keep it up Marv !

• Like 2

Been playing better since mings has stopped hoofing it and plays the disguised pass to feet.

These are the games he should and has done well in, where disruption is as key all other aspects and this time he kept the ball and used it far better.

Long may these performances continue.

That was a complete performance today. Good positioning, brave with the ball and most importantly sure in his passing. None of that "in 2 minds" stuff where he'd pass the ball vaguely in the target's direction but never on point. Today he was precise. Mopped up and put in tackles when needed. If this is his standard from now on, he'll be a huge asset to us and not just someone to step in when Luiz gets injured.

• Like 3

He mopped up well today but I dunno I'm not quite jumping on bandwagon. Second half pass was rolled to him, it went under his foot and then he gave away free kick in dangerous area and got booked.

Indeed ref could've actually played on as Palace were in the box so would've been very different reaction if they'd scored from that.

Interesting what the midfield structure is for Man. City. Think Luiz is certainty to start, perhaps to come in for Bailey.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He mopped up well today but I dunno I'm not quite jumping on bandwagon. Second half pass was rolled to him, it went under his foot and then he gave away free kick in dangerous area and got booked.

Indeed ref could've actually played on as Palace were in the box so would've been very different reaction if they'd scored from that.

Interesting what the midfield structure is for Man. City. Think Luiz is certainty to start, perhaps to come in for Bailey.

It was a bad mistake, and in general he didn't really hit the first half heights in the second half. But it was a huge performance in the first half IMO.

Â