Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

He was very good today, he seems to have been given a job that suits him, that he can do well and that everyone in the team understands. 

He's always looks at his happiest when he knows he's doing the dirty work for other people.

He's played his way into a starting role and he deserves it at the moment.

• Like 2

i would not have thought in a month of Sunday's that Nakamba would be a genuine challenger for a starting 11 slot under Gerrard, but fair play to Marv he's doing the business.

I wonder if the new style/setup is suiting him better, the midfield/forwards closer together, where he can do his defensive duties and lay the ball off comfortably, or has more options to offlay the ball rather than being isolated.

I think a few players seem to be benefitting from the new setup, Targett being another one for sure.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i would not have thought in a month of Sunday's that Nakamba would be a genuine challenger for a starting 11 slot under Gerrard, but fair play to Marv he's doing the business.

I wonder if the new style/setup is suiting him better, the midfield/forwards closer together, where he can do his defensive duties and lay the ball off comfortably, or has more options to offlay the ball rather than being isolated.

I think a few players seem to be benefitting from the new setup, Targett being another one for sure.

This is exactly the case, we aren’t getting overun in midfield , we’re really packing and that midfield now

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He mopped up well today but I dunno I'm not quite jumping on bandwagon. Second half pass was rolled to him, it went under his foot and then he gave away free kick in dangerous area and got booked.

Indeed ref could've actually played on as Palace were in the box so would've been very different reaction if they'd scored from that.

Interesting what the midfield structure is for Man. City. Think Luiz is certainty to start, perhaps to come in for Bailey.

Steven Gerrard lost a premier league title letting a ball go under his foot. I suspect someone else somewhere today gave away a free kick in a dangerous area and got booked. But hey it was Marv so he must be shit..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He was very good today, he seems to have been given a job that suits him, that he can do well and that everyone in the team understands. 

One of the most important aspects of management and so frequently many managers fail at this

• Like 2

Just now, smg said:

Steven Gerrard lost a premier league title letting a ball go under his foot. I suspect someone else somewhere today gave away a free kick in a dangerous area and got booked. But hey it was Marv so he must be shit..

I just thought it was sloppy play, that's all. McGinn gets crucified on here when he gives the ball away and a goal is scored about 5 minutes later so don't think it's just Nakamba bashing for sake of it.

He's doing a good job currently, I just don't think he'll be doing it for next two months as well he's just not that good.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

He’s important to the side at present and did well again today. However, to be part of the top six eventually, we need better. 

I think he's earned the right to grow with this team and the process. Either way I think we play better with a combative midfielder in his position

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

He’s important to the side at present and did well again today. However, to be part of the top six eventually, we need better. 

Why can’t he become better ? 

• Like 1

I love the way he flies into tackles but you could never call him overly physical. He is very strong as well . This line up in midfield suits all of the players in it. Got a bit of everything and it seems that the sum will be bigger than the individual parts . Having the 2 wide players play as number 10s gives the midfielders far more passing options. They are 5 yards closer which means its harder for the oppostion to block our passing lanes. Marvellous is really benefiting from this . 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It was a bad mistake, and in general he didn't really hit the first half heights in the second half. But it was a huge performance in the first half IMO.

There was a moment near the end, when Palace were pressing for an equaliser, when he made the most exquisite interception under pressure, and laid it off first time to set off a Villa break. Nerveless. 

• Like 1

Â