Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Could Douglas Luiz do that job?  I feel like he's got the eye for a pass that's required, and if he's playing as a true central midfielder he'll be 20-30 yards further forward than he has been under Deano.

I was going to suggest Dougie as the Cowans equivalent, he can certainly pass well (maybe not to Sid levels though) - but we've not seen him tried in that role as yet, so dunno. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

It depends which opposition has 70% possession. On Wednesday, we will see how much he has really improved or if it's like his cameos last season where he was quite good. So far when I've seen him play against City, he loses his discipline (positionally) when they are passing in their neat little patterns and shoots out of the line leaving space for their players to exploit. This works against your Palaces and so on because they are not as good on the ball as City.

I think most teams struggle with city's slick passing and moving and when they lose it, they close down, like few other teams.....they suck the oxygen from you.

The interesting this is, Palace actually played well against them, when they met.

12 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Could Douglas Luiz do that job?  I feel like he's got the eye for a pass that's required, and if he's playing as a true central midfielder he'll be 20-30 yards further forward than he has been under Deano.

I think he is suited better, further forward, sure.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Gerrard can make Nakamba look like a proper player I wonder if he can do the same thing with Trezeguet 🤔

I think the whole regime, could have an affect of all our players, its just interesting as to who reacts the most.

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

do we have to doubt? can we not just enjoy?

I think you have missed the context.....He has played great the last few games, of course we can enjoy that.

The conversation was about his long term inclusion...hence the doubt.

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Gerrard can make Nakamba look like a proper player I wonder if he can do the same thing with Trezeguet 🤔

No. Nakamba has always shown glimpses. I've seen enough of Trez to know he will always frustrate.

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I was going to suggest Dougie as the Cowans equivalent, he can certainly pass well (maybe not to Sid levels though) - but we've not seen him tried in that role as yet, so dunno. 

Sacrilege,  take it back

Â