Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Maybe it will work out for the better. He's been poor, he can play 100% in Lille ties now and maybe he will recover his form.

This is what I was thinking. Would rather have him available but I don't think this is the end of the world. He desperately needs a rest anyway.

Can't really blame him, he's been playing CM on his own for weeks, last minutes of a frantic game where he just stuck a leg out trying to get a flick on the ball and has no idea the player is there. Harsh yellow and he only made 2 fouls, especially when you see some of the ridiculous tackles that go unpunished, it's incredibly soft.

He's looked tired, Arsenal game is another free hit for me, at least he will get some rest for the run in but we are in big trouble with a CM of Tielemans and McGinn.

Doug has been fairly poor for weeks and he desperately needs a rest. Hopefully this will do him good and he can get back to his early season levels for the rest of the season. His intelligence really is his Achilles heel though. He is daft as a brush at times. He really is!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

He seems exhausted and has been out of form for weeks. Maybe the rest does him good in the end.

Blessing in disguise, we need a player of his quality for every game but he's played a lot of minutes, we need him fresh for what hopefully will be another 5 European games and 4 league games to end the season strong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Blessing in disguise, we need a player of his quality for every game but he's played a lot of minutes, we need him fresh for what hopefully will be another 5 European games and 4 league games to end the season strong.

Yeah needs the rest, I doubt he would be the game changer against Arsenal.

He hasn’t been great since Kamara got injured. He's also gone back to messing about on the ball too much, he infuriated me today along with most of the team to be fair. He should be fined as much as a player can be for the booking. I said the same about McGinn but this is even more stupid imo. 

Edited by WHY

25 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah needs the rest, I doubt he would be the game changer against Arsenal.

It’s indefensible imo. The cards reset after today’s game. He can rest after the end of the season. He’s more stupid than McGinn, hope he gets the maximum fine he can get. 

• Like 1

We are destined to not have our main midfielders on the pitch together it seems. Kamara, McGinn and now this.

Forced squad rotation for the run in mught not be a bad thing in the end I suppose.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

97th minute what a **** moron. 

Yeah, moron is definitely a word at the forefront of my mind right now. 

My view was from behind the Brentford player, should it have been a booking?

I think when you're desperately chasing a win in the dying seconds of a game, you can understand a player overreaching or going for something they shouldn't, but having got through 97 minutes, it's gutting to now have to miss him for a couple of games.

Annoying, especially when Brentford players had been getting away with worse all game.

Should have had Ajer on the back of his shirt, then he'd be fine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Callum said:

We won’t miss him at arsenal. Slate me all you like 👍 he’s been a shadow of his seasonal first half performances. 

We won't miss him because they will beat us with or without him. 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

My view was from behind the Brentford player, should it have been a booking?

I think when you're desperately chasing a win in the dying seconds of a game, you can understand a player overreaching or going for something they shouldn't, but having got through 97 minutes, it's gutting to now have to miss him for a couple of games.

It’s almost like he didn’t want to play against Arsenal….

Edited by WHY

Ref was so so bad.

It probably was a yellow but Brentford players had been flying in and diving throughout. **** all given.

Doug in general has been coasting for ages. You can see it early in games when he's not bothered.

13 minutes ago, WHY said:

It’s almost like he didn’t want to play against Arsenal….

He wouldn’t want to annoy his future employers and teammates by having a stormer against them now would he 😉 He will now be able to hammer out the finer details with Edu in the warmth of a private box and then spend time shopping and house hunting with Alisha until the suspension is over. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

Â