Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

If he’s refusing to sign a new contract we will sell in the summer rather than let him go into the last 12 months. Better to get some money to reinvent and replace rather than losing him for nothing. 

Agreed. I think we will sell in the summer if he doesn't sign. Can't see us doing it this window though.

Just now, LondonLax said:

If he’s refusing to sign a new contract we will sell in the summer rather than let him go into the last 12 months. Better to get some money to reinvent and replace rather than losing him for nothing. 

There is always the option to keep him for that final year and bank on the club convincing him to sign a new contract during that time. Not that far fetched if the club manages to improve and develop next season which I imagine the club is counting on.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

There is always the option to keep him for that final year and bank on the club convincing him to sign a new contract during that time. Not that far fetched if the club manages to improve and develop next season which I imagine the club is counting on.

It’s very risky. Once that summer window is shut we’ve lost our final chance to get any fee for him before he is able to sign a bosman in 12 months. I don’t think the club would risk losing that amount of money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s very risky. Once that summer window is shut we’ve lost our final chance to get any fee for him before he is able to sign a bosman in 12 months. I don’t think the club would risk losing that amount of money. 

Yeah I agree, very risky. 

8 minutes ago, bose said:

Getting a DM in and having Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey and Sanson fight it out for the two other spots would be a dream.

Would be hard to keep them all happy. Sanson is probably already starting to get restless.

Best case he signs extension. 12 months ago he was so important to our midfield , this would have been a nightmare to think we could lose him, but in that time period we have become a lot less dependent on him that of course would be a loss but not a disaster

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Would be hard to keep them all happy. Sanson is probably already starting to get restless.

Straight swap with Boubacar Kamara? I'd take that.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Restless?

Be quiet, he will be out for 3 weeks with fatigue if anyone at the club  realises he is restless.

• Haha 1

Odd timing that both Evans and Preece ran stories about his contract situation out of nowhere this morning and then all of a sudden there are links to the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool. It feels like the club are unofficially putting him on the market. This is the last window to get a decent fee for him, I suppose. Shame tho.

Edited by WallisFrizz
Unless it’s his agent. Either way, something is up.
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Agreed. I think we will sell in the summer if he doesn't sign. Can't see us doing it this window though.

If there are interested parties now then it will be best to sell this window, as we can exploit teams who still have something to play for this season and get a larger premium. If bentencur comes in then we have a ready replacement so won't negatively affect us. 

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think he'd shine with a run of games at 8

Yes this is what I want to see.

1 hour ago, bose said:

Getting a DM in and having Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey and Sanson fight it out for the two other spots would be a dream.

Yes it would and I really don't want to see Doug going to a rival club. Would be horrible as he's on an upward trajectory I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

If there are interested parties now then it will be best to sell this window, as we can exploit teams who still have something to play for this season and get a larger premium. If bentencur comes in then we have a ready replacement so won't negatively affect us. 

Not sure about a ready replacement, who knows how long it could take for Bentancur to settle plus Marv is injured isn't he?  I'd much rather give Doug a hefty new contract.  I hope the players who have got us to this point don't get overtaken massively in wages by this new policy from the club.

We can’t keep signing players without selling a few assets to balance things out. It would be great to keep Dougie but it may be for the greater good to let him go. I feel the same way about Ings and maybe even Traore too!

Â