Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It was all down to coaching and the shape of the team,  he was the stand out player when Gerrard first came in and if he hadn’t of gotten injured we would have  more points on the board .

Nakamba was stand out before Gerrard came. It was mentioned in pre season how he'd progressed and had  role to play this season by coaching staff

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It was all down to coaching and the shape of the team,  he was the stand out player when Gerrard first came in and if he hadn’t of gotten injured we would have  more points on the board .

Shape I agree. Would have been some inst-coaching/training right there to get noticeable results after only a couple sessions. Not sure that's how anything works.

If he was the stand out player when Gerrard came in it would have been down to the coaching/training of the previous regime.

Or do you mean in-game coaching rather than on the training field? If so yeah that I agree on.

Just now, sne said:

Shape I agree. Would have been some inst-coaching/training right there to get noticeable results after only a couple sessions. Not sure that's how anything works.

If he was the stand out player when Gerrard came in it would have been down to the coaching/training of the previous regime.

Or do you mean in-game coaching rather than on the training field? If so yeah that I agree on.

In general I just meant the shape and how the team was set up tactically.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kante plays further forward than Luiz. Jorginho is the deepest Chelsea midfielder

Whatever Dude, insert whichever midfielder is supposed to be the DM where I put Kante.

Alright... " Whilst our own have tried to convince us that he is some sort of Brazilian Jorginho " Kalvin Phillips? Declan Rice?...better?

The point is, he ain't no effective Premier League CDM, " modern " or " prehistoric " . It also seems he doesn't want to be either!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Whatever Dude, insert whichever midfielder is supposed to be the DM where I put Kante.

Alright... " Whilst our own have tried to convince us that he is some sort of Brazilian Jorginho " better?

The point is, he ain't no CDM, " modern " or " prehistoric "

How about in a double pivot? :ph34r:

Did OK in that role as captain of the Brazilian Olympic team that won the gold and that's where he's played when called up by Brazil.

Yeah, yeah I know he's useless and was carried by Casimeiro and the coach probably only picked him because they needed a blonde or something.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Alright... " Whilst our own have tried to convince us that he is some sort of Brazilian Jorginho " Kalvin Phillips? Declan Rice?...better?

The point is, he ain't no effective Premier League CDM, " modern " or " prehistoric " . It also seems he doesn't want to be either!

Not really sure what your point is at this stage on the matter except you don't rate Luiz

As for Brazilian Jorginho well Jorginho is actually Brazilian as well 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

How about in a double pivot? :ph34r:

Did OK in that role as captain of the Brazilian Olympic team that won the gold and that's where he's played when called up by Brazil.

Yeah, yeah I know he's useless and was carried by Casimeiro and the coach probably only picked him because they needed a blonde or something.

Honestly I don’t think anybody is digging out DL here, I was firmly in the DL was the better option at 6 under Smith camp as Deano’s system constantly left Nakamba exposed in attack and defence,  Luiz has decent positional sense and operates well in that half back position picking up the ball between the CB’s and “getting out”  he tends to stand off rather than engage opponents which is the correct decision at times, under Smith it was the centre backs pushing forward to stop counter attacks and if they didn’t succeed we were under instantly under pressure , where as under Gerrard in the first 5 games it was Nakamba shutting down counter attacking winning the ball after we lost it , Luiz doesn’t do this therefore we cant keep the pressure on our opponents,  I’m the first to defend players and have on countless occasions jumped to defend a player when people say “championship at best” Doug is a quality player but we still need a better option than him at 6.

I find it curious that negotiations on a new contract haven't started, he's an asset of great value and letting him go for free at the end of his contract would seem irresponsible from a business point of view.

Regardless of where/how much you think he should play, he cost us ~£16m and is likely worth considerably more then that now, especially as there seems to be interest in him, why wouldn't we protect that investment? 

Makes me wonder if maybe we are searching for his replacement before offloading him in this window while he is still of financial value...

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So from the horse's mouth ayyy " We know he likes to play a bit further forward " according to Gerrard @TRO

However our own seem to think we are doing him a disservice by not realising he's the Brazilian Kante.

To be fair Luiz himself described himself as a 6 previously so it's evidently not a black and white matter, especially considering how many coaches of his have utilised him there.

There's this idea that he's "not a 6" when it's simply possible that he's capable of playing in both roles well.

Edited by Indigo

Very surprised if we haven’t even offered him a new deal yet, dunno what the reality is there.

But I really we hope we get this sorted and he commits. He’s a big talent with huge potential and is often underrated. Would hate to see him go and thrive elsewhere…

His composure, control of the ball and passing ability (usually the most accurate and best at retaining or controlling possession for us) are his greatest qualities.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not really sure what your point is at this stage on the matter except you don't rate Luiz

As for Brazilian Jorginho well Jorginho is actually Brazilian as well 😉

It seems you're trying chuck in any type of petty Bollox you can to deflect from the point.

A. CDM is not his preferred ( Confirmed by Gerrard ) nor is it his most effective position in this league ( confirmed by the eye test and performances ) - I wait with baited breath for someone to show me stats which prove he's the best DM in the league. I'm sure they are coming.

B. No one thinks Nakamba is a better all round footballer or CM than Luiz, but there is a reason why when he is in form, he is preferred in the position and the team overall performs better.

C. If you don't agree with Luiz hardcore fans that he isn't an effective CDM in the Premier League. It either means you know nothing about modern football, or expect every DM to be 6 ft 6, African and black.

You can check the history of the thread to see whether I " rate " him or not.

I rate him as a player with an abundance of ability. The only way he should be a CDM or deep layer is if the set up provides adequate protection for him.

Don't try to box me into a category with other posters or deflect with petty shite just because you don't like what you're reading. Lol

Also saw @sne post some sort of nonsense I need not respond to as it is in a similar vein.

When people are die hard fans of certain players it seems all logic and balance goes out the window.

" Oooh he doesn't think Luiz is the best young CDM in Europe - Let's just chuck some shite at him and hope we get a mobb together to drown out the actual point.... Boooo.... You don't rate him... You know nothing about football " 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It seems you're trying chuck in any type of petty Bollox you can to deflect from the point.

A. CDM is not his preferred ( Confirmed by Gerrard ) nor is it his most effective position in this league ( confirmed by the eye test and performances ) - I wait with baited breath for someone to show me stats which prove he's the best DM in the league. I'm sure they are coming.

B. No one thinks Nakamba is a better all round footballer or CM than Luiz, but there is a reason why when he is in form, he is preferred in the position and the team overall performs better.

C. If you don't agree with Luiz hardcore fans that he isn't an effective CDM in the Premier League. It either means you know nothing about modern football, or expect every DM to be 6 ft 6, African and black.

I rate him as a player with an abundance of ability. The only way he should be a CDM or deep layer is if the set up provides adequate protection for him.

Don't try to box me into a category with other posters or deflect with petty shite just because you don't like what you're reading. Lol

Also saw @sne post some sort of nonsense I need not respond to as it is in a similar vein.

When people are die hard fans of certain players it seems all logic and balance goes out the window.

" Oooh he doesn't think Luiz is the best young CDM in Europe - Let's just chuck some shite at him and hope we get a mobb together to drown out the actual point.... Boooo.... You don't rate him... You know nothing about football " 🙄

WTF are you talking about  I only said Jorginho plays defensive midfielder for Chelsea. 

I usually enjoy reading your opinions but no idea why you have gone on some bizarre rant here 😲

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

when someone makes such a poor argument that you don't even know how to  respond - GIF on Imgur

His future lies as one of the 8s or away from Villa. His difficulty is that Ramsey has been in such good form he has a big fight on his hands to get game time if/when we sign Bentancur and Nakamba regains fitness. 

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Very surprised if we haven’t even offered him a new deal yet, dunno what the reality is there.

But I really we hope we get this sorted and he commits. He’s a big talent with huge potential and is often underrated. Would hate to see him go and thrive elsewhere…

His composure, control of the ball and passing ability (usually the most accurate and best at retaining or controlling possession for us) are his greatest qualities.

Im pretty confident we did offer him a contract in September/October but it wasn't signed. I think when Gerrard says 'we' in his quotes he means in his reign.

It might be a dispute over wages and whether we think Luiz justifies whatever he is asking for, so seeing if he can reach thoselevels in the coming months to justify it or use in the next round of negotiation

It might be PR from Purslow about throwing doubt around how much we value and were actively trying to keep Dougie, so if he does go it doesn't look as though we lost another player we were desperately trying to persuade to stay. It's simply the cost of doing business in the league that we may lose the odd player but wasn't a key part of our plans anyway type thing.

• Like 1

Â