Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I think one things that's perhaps missed from the debate is that if we sign someone who is more naturally defensive for our midfield line, we're still going to need competition for that player - Luiz is better than Nakamba as a six, and for me he's at least a match for Sanson as an eight.

If we buy a six, then my preference would be to move Nakamba on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think one things that's perhaps missed from the debate is that if we sign someone who is more naturally defensive for our midfield line, we're still going to need competition for that player - Luiz is better than Nakamba as a six, and for me he's at least a match for Sanson as an eight.

If we buy a six, then my preference would be to move Nakamba on.

You alright?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Gerrard see's him as an 8 and we've got enough 8's as it is.

Ramsey, McGinn, Sanson. Potentially also Carney.

Would makes sense to offload one of them honestly especially if we sign this Rodrigo guy.

I think Gerrard sees the midfielders as more fluid than just 6's and 8's. All of them need to be able to do a bit of everything both on and off the ball. Will by nature be some that are better at some things and worse at others but I think he want's the midfield to be a unit rather than 3 separate pieces if that makes sense.

• Like 2

I see Nakamba’s fantastic few games at the start of the season have elevated him from not good enough in a side trying to survive in the league to better than Luiz?

I love Marv, it’s just the change in the narrative is interesting.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's not our best midfielder. I imagine he will be on the bench if we get a defensive midfielder over the line in this window. 

There's a case for him being our best midfielder. All our midfielders affect games differently, however Doug is, in this moment in time and signings permitting, our most important midfielder (IMO). He is absolutely essential in moving the ball between defence and attack when building from the back and we always look a poorer team without him.

• Like 3

Â