Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Fairly complimentary (“we rate him extremely high”).

I think by OK, SG was referring to how he’s done at DM. And knows he will perform better as a CM.

I will take ``We rate him extremely highly''. from that. And hope that means they will do everything they can to keep him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

With a new DM, why is there no space for Luiz with Ramsey and McGinn? Or have I forgotten someone?

It's just that the assumption would be this. But I think Luiz's ceiling at 8 is potentially very high.

d69f49a27cfc6fe9f2a99d944152b550.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

As would I, unfortunately they aren't as an attractive asset to potential suitors. 

What? Sanson, as Max would say in Hart to Hart is goygess 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

I will take ``We rate him extremely highly''. from that. And hope that means they will do everything they can to keep him. 

"& we're hoping from now until end of season, he can perform at his best & help team.".

I suppose that's one way of saying 'do his job'. I don't like them specifying 'now until end of season' as if at the end of the season something is going to change. But it's probably me reading too much into it.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

"& we're hoping from now until end of season, he can perform at his best & help team.".

I suppose that's one way of saying 'do his job'. I don't like them specifying 'now until end of season' as if at the end of the season something is going to change. But it's probably me reading too much into it.

New contract hopefully, depending on performance further forward after arrival of new DM?

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

Getting pretty tired of recent posts and tweets about how Doug should be "upgraded" and that McGinn is better or so and so is better blah blah blah. McGinn is high energy blood and thunder. He can also be inconsistent smashes the ball wide of goal more often than not. John also does loads of good stuff that Doug doesn't do! Fact is though Doug is consistently good at what he does and goes about his job quietly and effectively. Actually underrated imo. But Its not about singling players out as suddenly not good enough because some other player is on the radar. Its about building an awesome squad and we need keep players like Doug if at all possible. 

Is he? Bit of a myth that, IMO. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So from the horse's mouth ayyy " We know he likes to play a bit further forward " according to Gerrard @TRO

However our own seem to think we are doing him a disservice by not realising he's the Brazilian Kante.

Not trying to be "Told you so"....but we have both said the same thing for some time....you only have to study his attributes to know, he is naturally a further forward type player.....another club could play him there and he will be ok...and could shine.

He has come out and admitted it and the manager is in the market for a No6, so I don't know what further endorsement is needed.

However, I will say this.....In the light of his admission, I really applaud the lad, for filling in to a role, he does not see as his best and putting the club first, who should have fixed this before SG arrived and we have had to rely on him to identify it.

I like Dougie, and I hope he doesn't leave, because, I still think in what he has got in terms of his natural attributes, is still good for us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think it’s obvious from Gerard’s comments that we are pursuing a DM and an upgrade in that department. Will be a huge help to us if we can get it sorted.

I’m looking forward to seeing Dougie play further forward too though I have appreciated his performances further back, he was amazing during lockdown in our survival season. Has a lot of ability, we need to get the best out of him and let him shine. 

A few more of these please 😁

spacer.png

spacer.png

Superb passing range, makes it look easy:

spacer.png

He helped Brazil to Olympic victory and is a big part of their future, a regular in the national team. This is not a mediocre player by any means, we’d regret letting him go. As SG said, he’s got higher gears to reach (been restricted by the role he had had to play for us) and I hope that happens here.

Worth remembering his contribution to us.

I’m personally sick of the incessant slating of our key players.

Despite how good all those clips were, my favourite bit of play from him was the assist away at Brighton 😍

• Thanks 1

One thing I've noticed with Doug is he's usually pretty good off the bench. He had a run in his first season when he was basically only any good if he was coming off the bench.

Nice trait to have for someone probably in a battle to start.

I would really like him to sign a new deal.

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Absolutely no idea why we would even remotely consider selling Luiz. Surely we'd value him around the £30-40m mark? Can't see Arsenal paying that. 

If he’s refusing to sign a new contract we will sell in the summer rather than let him go into the last 12 months. Better to get some money to reinvent and replace rather than losing him for nothing. 

• Like 1

Â