Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, weedman said:

It did, but also showed where he is a bit nieve still. I mean it worked and looked great last night, but if that West Brom player was slightly better he was ahead of Dougie and could have got in on goal. I think a top player just fouls the player on the half way line there and takes the yellow. 

I'm not gonna complain as he as v good last night and clearly one of our better players but little things like that are what keep him out of Man Citys team I think 

He tried multiple times to pull him back but wasn’t close enough.

He got back goal side, slowed down the attack and allowed us to get back in to defensive shape.

Yes I think a more clinical team (United for example) would have taken full advantage of that opportunity, but Dougie did a good job nonetheless.

15 hours ago, weedman said:

It did, but also showed where he is a bit nieve still. I mean it worked and looked great last night, but if that West Brom player was slightly better he was ahead of Dougie and could have got in on goal. I think a top player just fouls the player on the half way line there and takes the yellow. 

I'm not gonna complain as he as v good last night and clearly one of our better players but little things like that are what keep him out of Man Citys team I think 

I couldn't disagree more. An average Premier League player takes the man out and collects his yellow card. A class player does what Luiz did. He knew he had the better of his man, he judged the situation to perfection. Otherwise, he would have taken the yellow as he has demonstrated on several occasions. 

It has been obvious since his first touch at Tottenham Stadium, deftly killing the ball before rolling it out in front of him and pinging a 30 yard pass into the channel, that he is going to the very top. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I'm just waiting to see what comes of this new contract that was reported recently. Really hope we can keep him. We'll struggle to replace him.

i would guess he will get a new contract, once its confirmed Man City arent buying him back. (if they dont).

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Luiz is actually pretty good at the tactical foul, taken decent amount of yellows in last 6 months for opposition counter attacks around halfway line.

Man. City are incredibly efficent on the quiet at that sort of thing so Pep will certainly approve.

Fernandinho is the master of it. Hah

I thought today was one of his best games for us, he played really well during that crucial 25 minutes at the start of the second half. I'm often critical that he doesn't impose himself on games like he should, but he did that today.

• Like 1

Â