Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't it the opposite? A game where we have most of the ball, and our quarterback is Nakamba struggling to pass the ball accurately 12 yards?

Yeah this is a game where we need a someone who can play a line splitting pass.  Nakamba will handle the defensive requirements fine, but Douglas will surely be missed when we are in possession. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't it the opposite? A game where we have most of the ball, and our quarterback is Nakamba struggling to pass the ball accurately 12 yards?

I reckon he might go Hourihane-Ramsey-McGinn.

Any chance Barkley is back?

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Yeah this is a game where we need a someone who can play a line splitting pass.  Nakamba will handle the defensive requirements fine, but Douglas will surely be missed when we are in possession. 

Good point. I think Luiz does a lot without the ball too though. He breaks up a lot of the opponents play and reads the game very well. I guess you’d expect Nakamba to do the same it’s just no way near the level of Luiz. 

Maybe Smith will go with Hourihane. 

I think Smith will go with Ramsey and McGinn in a double pivot 4-2-3-1, if Barkley is fit.

Burnley tend to play 4-4-2 direct, so a classic holding midfielder isn’t as important as there’s no CAM / 10 to pick up.

We will miss Dougie though, no doubt about that. He is the glue in this team at the moment.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Against Burnley you would expect us to have a lot of the ball so it’s probably an idea game for him to miss out on. 

Hourihane could play his role in this game. No problem 

The thought of no Douglas Luiz and no Barkley makes me feel sick. We are already so short in midfield. If it’s Nakamba and Hourihane in the middle then we need them we need some strong thoughts and prayers to get us through this. Just gotta hope we get Super John McGinn and not Smashed John McGnn

• Haha 1

Â