Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I am *fairly* confident that if you receive 2 yellow cards in a match, the 2nd is wiped out by the red. So you receive 1 yellow and 1 red. 

So he would now be 1 yellow away from an additional 1 match ban. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

TransferMarkt and WhoScored both have him down for 2 yellow cards before the Wolves game, against Liverpool and Leicester.

The question remains about the accumulative count though, and I was looking for the answer myself a few days ago to no avail. There are even 3 options; that neither of the 2 yellows in one match count because the ban is being served for them, that only the first one does, or that both do. Guess we'll have to wait to find out (or hopefully not).

Ahhh  I thought he was already on 3 based on other comments here.

But yes,  still raises those questions which im sure will get answered soon enough when he's back playing...

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I am *fairly* confident that if you receive 2 yellow cards in a match, the 2nd is wiped out by the red. So you receive 1 yellow and 1 red. 

This is correct.

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yes. You're an old bastard..

In football terms.

I am as well

We all remember the day where we wouldn’t sign ourselves on football manager because we are too old for the youthful team we are trying to build. 

18 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

10 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

This is correct.

I don't think it is. The tweet in @Villaphan04's post is correct afaik. The logic from the FA presumably being that he's already received a ban for those two yellows so they don't need to count towards another.

Brilliant tonight. at 1-0 up Targett lost the ball at the penalty box and they broke quick, Dougie could have brought the attacker down who was running through, think was Phillips or Grant, did brilliant to hold him up and we managed to win back possession. He gives us attacking intent too, I honestly think he's our 2nd most important player.

• Like 4

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

Brilliant tonight. at 1-0 up Targett lost the ball at the penalty box and they broke quick, Dougie could have brought the attacker down who was running through, think was Phillips or Grant, did brilliant to hold him up and we managed to win back possession. He gives us attacking intent too, I honestly think he's our 2nd most important player.

That sequence encapsulated him as a player and why he's so important to us.

Helped break up the play, then a back heel to McGinn that set him away on the break. He drives us forward while also not shirking the defensive duties. I'd much rather have that than some big ol' brute that just sits there tackling and passes 5 yards side to side.

On 16/12/2020 at 12:47, Mark_1989 said:

2nd most important player in the squad. Throw all we got to keep him. Wes not messing about - he’s gone big with Giannis in the NBA, he’s ambitious and won’t wanna see our best players leave.

Tbf the nba has rules about how much you spend on each player and has a lot fewer players on each team. Giannis got the bag thrown at him because he is a DPOY and MVP. That means he is like a combination of Kane and Van Dijk. Luiz is a great player of course but comparing him to Giannis or really any basketball player doesn't make sense.

Like Jack earns what 7 mil a year. That is literally what a role player makes the equivalent level would be someone like Bertrand traore or targett. 

Magnificent today. Just didn’t let WBA play. Totally ran the show, like an adult taking the ball off kids and then rolling it back to his own side. And stopped that one break 2 on 1 and still had the gas for the classiest back heel I’ve seen all season.

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf the nba has rules about how much you spend on each player and has a lot fewer players on each team. Giannis got the bag thrown at him because he is a DPOY and MVP. That means he is like a combination of Kane and Van Dijk. Luiz is a great player of course but comparing him to Giannis or really any basketball player doesn't make sense.

Like Jack earns what 7 mil a year. That is literally what a role player makes the equivalent level would be someone like Bertrand traore or targett. 

I understand the finances in the NBA and the Premier League are completely different but the  point still stands, Wes is building for success.

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That sequence encapsulated him as a player and why he's so important to us.

Helped break up the play, then a back heel to McGinn that set him away on the break. He drives us forward while also not shirking the defensive duties. I'd much rather have that than some big ol' brute that just sits there tackling and passes 5 yards side to side.

It did, but also showed where he is a bit nieve still. I mean it worked and looked great last night, but if that West Brom player was slightly better he was ahead of Dougie and could have got in on goal. I think a top player just fouls the player on the half way line there and takes the yellow. 

I'm not gonna complain as he as v good last night and clearly one of our better players but little things like that are what keep him out of Man Citys team I think 

Â