Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

41 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

What are you on about?

DM is mainly about positioning, tracking runs, closing off options, offering out balls to defenders... retaining possession... springing attacks. You can't base your opinions off WhoScored stats. Try to watch the actual game!

Douglas Luiz is one of the best players in the squad. Future Brazil captain. He's worth significantly more than 30m.

I just don't rate the guy very highly stats or no stats. I watch the games and I don't see this incredible midfielder people are waxing lyrical about.

I see a capable DM with some potential who does some basic things well enough and some cool moves but ultimately not much else. I don't see a bruising presence in midfield. I don't see a guy dictating play in the middle of the park. I don't see some technical midfielder unlocking the play with some good good bit of trickery. At best, he has some good attacking movements now and then but they're tempered by how deep he plays.

**** hell, I think he may even be the weakest member of our starting 11 looking at current ability. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Would you have expected him to reach his full potential at 22? I don't think Juve would be interested (if they even are) if they expect him to remain at the same level for the next 12 years.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Ricky Gervais Ct GIF by NETFLIX

Ok well perhaps potential not really the word should have used, more that I do not think that he has played as well as I thought he would for us.  If the right money comes in, then again I would not be against selling him.

Also have been on the sauce if that explains any of the above as well.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I just don't rate the guy very highly stats or no stats. I watch the games and I don't see this incredible midfielder people are waxing lyrical about.

I see a capable DM with some potential who does some basic things well enough and some cool moves but ultimately not much else. I don't see a bruising presence in midfield. I don't see a guy dictating play in the middle of the park. I don't see some technical midfielder unlocking the play with some good good bit of trickery. At best, he has some good attacking movements now and then but they're tempered by how deep he plays.

**** hell, I think he may even be the weakest member of our starting 11 looking at current ability. 

I'm reminded of that video where a West Ham fan tells Harry Redknapp that Frank Lampard is crap.

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Remmeber when we playing hourihane in that position? Then we tried lansbury. Both were crap at it.

Look at nakamba as well he doesnt do it as good as luiz does.he is young and will onky get better.  

Luiz is one of the best dm we have had for many years. Its going to be a huge blow when city come in for him. At least we can use the money to get barkley in

But we will need to get a dm in thats for sure if he does go

Im hoping we insert a 1st option purchase back if it dont work out for him at city

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Luiz, McGinn, Cash all booked early and I knew one was getting sent off. None of them could make a tackle all game and it let Wolves in a few times, silly second yellow but your DMs are going to get sent off once or twice a season. Hopefully we don't miss him too much v Burnley but Nakamba is a lot smaller than him, bit of an issue.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Mike Dean was desperate to pull out his red card and unfortunately Luiz gave him an easy opportunity. Luckily it's only Burnley he'll miss which you'd think we'll be okay for. 

Is it only Burnley he misses? The first yellow was his 4th of season, therefore his 2nd yellow was his 5th. I know he misses one due to being sent off, but will he get another game suspension for the 5th? Genuinely don’t know the ruling regarding this. Hope to God he’s ok for WBA.

2 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Is it only Burnley he misses? The first yellow was his 4th of season, therefore his 2nd yellow was his 5th. I know he misses one due to being sent off, but will he get another game suspension for the 5th? Genuinely don’t know the ruling regarding this. Hope to God he’s ok for WBA.

Think it’s just the one pal. Could be wrong. But sure it’s the 1. 

9 minutes ago, deeps said:

Think it’s just the one pal. Could be wrong. But sure it’s the 1. 

Thanks - I hope you are right! It was very obvious either him or JM would get a second yellow. There was one passage of play where they both pulled out of a tackle on Adama due to being on a yellow.

Mginn now on 4...he better not get another v Burnley.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ll be interested to see how we cope without him. I don’t rate him as highly as others on here but he’s definitely worth his place in the team. 

Im just going to be interested to see how we set up without him. 

Him protecting the back four after lockdown was a huge reason we stayed up. One of the first names on the team sheet for me no question.

He wins so many balls without clattering the guy he's getting it off.

Plus he wins a lot of fouls to relieve pressure in a Petrov sort of way.

The quality on the ball he has give us such composure in the middle of the pitch.

I think I'd play McGinn deep in front of the defence next to Nakamba with Ramsey ahead. 90% of Burnley's game is booting it and picking up second balls. The other 10% is set-pieces.

Â