Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Preposterous performance.

So good.

At 1-0, start of the second half, he was the one getting us on the ball and play up in their half.

When it comes to it, City are likely to take him to slow our progress rather than any other reason to be honest.

• Like 1

I feel like European football is the only way we're keeping hold of this guy. City would be bloody mental to not pay whatever the fee is and take him back in an instant. 

We need to give him as good of an excuse as we can to think about staying.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I feel like European football is the only way we're keeping hold of this guy. City would be bloody mental to not pay whatever the fee is and take him back in an instant. 

We need to give him as good of an excuse as we can to think about staying.

Not sure he has the option of staying if they want him, does he?

Thought he was exceptional today, 'proper man's' performance as Lambert would say. To think he's only 22 too...

Kinda crazy, really hope we can get confirmation from Man City that they don't want him back and then tie him down with a 5 year deal.

Or it would be good if we could pay Man City a bit extra to remove the clause. Not sure if that's possible or how these things work.

• Like 1

Don’t believe it’s as easy as Man City if they want him, he will go. 

I think he respects Villa for showing that they could get him a work permit, he’s become a regular for Brazil, one of the first players on the starting sheet, integral to the squad and sees the club moving forward.

Luiz is his own man, he may just want to stay.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hope not. If they come calling I don't see him turning them down tbh.

Maybe, but this is the same team who said they couldn’t get him a work visa. It would be one thing if we we’re struggling like last season, he’s not going to be a regular starter for City and I think he’s happy at Villa and may just sway it for us.

He may well look at things and see sense in holding fire before moving. The way we are moving currently is an attractive proposition for young elite players. The club and team are going through some exciting changes. Players will see this and want a piece. Who wouldn't want to play with Captain Jack?!

I think City would be stupid not to be looking at buying him back for around £25-30m (if that’s the buy back) especially as they have moved towards a “double pivot” recently.

He’s absolutely class: Mops up in front of the back 4 so well, always an option off the ball and is so calm and effective on it. Be a very hard player to replace if we do lose him. 

I read something that we may be looking into replacing the buy back clause with an official contract that ties him up properly. 

I'm sure Luiz would agree staying with us anyhow, hes having the time of his life with Villa and I have many reasons why he wouldn't go back to City and can only think of one why he would and do not think he'd leave us.

Luiz doesnt have to sign if they come in do they?? Personally if he did I think its be a massive mistake. Luiz is doing excellent where he is now and if he moved back to City that doesnt mean his playing ace with us Translates the same performances to them.

I think hes loyal and he will stay with us.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If the worst is to happen, at least we can be confident in the planning going on behind the scenes, we’ve had plenty of time and Lange the flange doesnt miss

Doug is pure class though, joy to watch

Lickable or likeable you choose here.

Looks like I’m about to enter unpopular opinion territory... I love Dougie, he’s a class player and had a good game. 

BUT

I thought he caused some problems when we were down to 10 men, and often does the same thing in games. He’ll press too keenly, doesn’t win the ball, and the opposition are running at us. It’s a slight thing, ultimately, but I noticed it today.

Still, he’s class so whatever. 

• Haha 1

Â