Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

If I was Man City I would activate the buy back clause just to mess with Villa. He may get game time at city of he may sit on the bench, it hardly matters, they can sell him on for a profit later. It will definitely hurt us though so may be seen as worth it to prevent another Leicester situation.

Happy new year all on VillaTalk.

An article here about how we maybe looking to tie up Luiz in a new contract. I know it's from a bullcrap source but more of them are popping up.

Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz is fully deserving of a new contract, according to Gabriel Agbonlahor.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, Villa’s record Premier League goalscorer claimed securing Luiz’s long-term future could allow the club to ignore any offers for him in January

https://www.footballinsider247.com/agbonlahor-exclusive-aston-villa-douglas-luiz/

Luiz has been with us now for a season and half right, joined us on 25th of July 2019 around that time. Surely that buy back with City is nearly at an end or for all we know has ended.

I wish the club would say something about this deal and others like it so we were more clued up, so it would put this all to rest. 

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Happy new year all on VillaTalk.

An article here about how we maybe looking to tie up Luiz in a new contract. I know it's from a bullcrap source but more of them are popping up.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/agbonlahor-exclusive-aston-villa-douglas-luiz/

Luiz has been with us now for a season and half right, joined us on 25th of July 2019 around that time. Surely that buy back with City is nearly at an end or for all we know has ended.

I wish the club would say something about this deal and others like it so we were more clued up, so it would put this all to rest. 

I understand why they won't - our owners have played their cards close to their chest since day one and it's been a good tactic so far. It's frustrating for fans to be kept in the dark about these things, but whatever they share with us, they share with everyone.

Saying that, I would at least like to know whether the decision is his or Man City's. Can he turn them down of they come knocking or is he contractually obligated to go back there?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I'm guessing based on the location Douglas has moved home now given there was all talk of his apartment he was renting up for sale in the summer. 

He has, I think he's joined the crowd out in Little Aston. I have a feeling I may have walked past his house the other day.

Accidental stalker.

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I am getting old because surely that cant be classed as fashion.

I'm sure kids these days would wear a plastic bag if it had a designer name on it. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He has, I think he's joined the crowd out in Little Aston. I have a feeling I may have walked past his house the other day.

Accidental stalker.

Of course young wealthy people may buy property as an investment and maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but would you buy a new house in the area if you knew/thought you might be working 80 mile up the M6 in a few months time? 

Â