Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 13/12/2020 at 06:05, Spoony said:

The thought of no Douglas Luiz and no Barkley makes me feel sick. We are already so short in midfield. If it’s Nakamba and Hourihane in the middle then we need them we need some strong thoughts and prayers to get us through this. Just gotta hope we get Super John McGinn and not Smashed John McGnn

If there’s one team that I could choose where Luiz and Barkley can’t play, then it’s Burnley. Keep McNeil marked tightly and stop him getting the ball and you remove almost all the open play threat that Burnley have. They have Ashley Westwood in their CM ffs! I’d like to see us go 3 at the back and fill the CM area to win and retain the ball for the majority of the game. Burnley will be looking to sit  deep, not concede. They’re happy with 1pt and a 0-0 right now. If we bring Grealish central then Burnley will double or treble up on him leaving space down the sides for us to exploit. I hope we’ve been practicing hitting crosses in from wide positions at ground level, because that’s where Burnley’s meat heads will struggle, facing their own goal with the ball on the floor 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes. You're an old bastard..

In football terms.

I am as well

Unfortunately we are :( I’m starting think perhaps I won’t get that England call up next summer...

Back to real football. I think they signed Rodri as a sort of replacement for Fernandinho.

Edited by alreadyexists

How long is he out for? I'm not sure of the rules. He's got enough yellows for a one game ban, but he also got sent off. Also if Ross is ok play him, we've got Chelsea in a couple of weeks, he'll miss that. Also wouldn't want 3 of the best 11 missing.

13 minutes ago, colhint said:

How long is he out for? I'm not sure of the rules. He's got enough yellows for a one game ban, but he also got sent off. Also if Ross is ok play him, we've got Chelsea in a couple of weeks, he'll miss that. Also wouldn't want 3 of the best 11 missing.

Should be one game as it was a second yellow. Straight red usually brings 3 games depending on the seriousness of the offence.

Edit: found it on the premier League website.

Gameweek 13 suspensions

Player Club Position Possible return

Hector Bellerin ARS DEF GW14

Granit Xhaka ARS MID GW15

Matthew Cash AVL DEF GW14

Douglas Luiz AVL MID GW14

Jonny Evans LEI DEF GW14

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1938772

Edited by Sulberto21

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Should be one game as it was a second yellow. Straight red usually brings 3 games depending on the seriousness of the offence.

But that's irrelevant... he has now got 5 yellow cards. The question remains,  does his second yellow in that game not count towards his accumulated yellow card total?

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But that's irrelevant... he has now got 5 yellow cards. The question remains,  does his second yellow in that game not count towards his accumulated yellow card total?

It’s not irrelevant. He has to serve a one match ban it says. If it was one for the dismissal and another for 5 yellow cards it would be a 2 match ban, surely. 

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Fernandinho is really getting old and i think they see Luiz as the perfect replacement.

I think this deal is inevitable. Hoping to be wrong though

People keep saying this, but how do we know they don't already have the next Fernandinho lined up?

City's status and ambitions are greater than ours currently, the players we perceive as world beaters , they probably do not.

There is a wide world of top football players.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

It’s not irrelevant. He has to serve a one match ban it says. If it was one for the dismissal and another for 5 yellow cards it would be a 2 match ban, surely. 

If someone we can  trust has confirmed a 1 game ban that is relevant, but  what sulberto said about straight red wasnt...

54 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Edit: found it on the premier League website.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1938772

Thanks, think that's as good as confirmation as we can get.

but it means the system is broken...as he's not on 4 bookings for the season (not listed as 1 card away from a ban) and he can't be on 5 as he's not getting a ban for it.

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People keep saying this, but how do we know they don't already have the next Fernandinho lined up?

City's status and ambitions are greater than ours currently, the players we perceive as world beaters , they probably do not.

There is a wide world of top football players.

Pep rates him highly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You don't rate them 2?

I think Mings is better and at around half the price.

He's ok, but not Man city standard imo....he's no Kompany.

I wouldn't be happy if villa had bought him.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Thanks, think that's as good as confirmation as we can get.

but it means the system is broken...as he's not on 4 bookings for the season (not listed as 1 card away from a ban) and he can't be on 5 as he's not getting a ban for it.

TransferMarkt and WhoScored both have him down for 2 yellow cards before the Wolves game, against Liverpool and Leicester.

The question remains about the accumulative count though, and I was looking for the answer myself a few days ago to no avail. There are even 3 options; that neither of the 2 yellows in one match count because the ban is being served for them, that only the first one does, or that both do. Guess we'll have to wait to find out (or hopefully not).

Â