Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. Also, what does Favela won, mean? Is that just a poor translation? Seems bizarre tweeting a news article as well? 
And, there is the work permit issue...don't Man City need to prove he is in the top 25% of their earners or some weird criteria like that? 

He has a 2-year work permit now after playing for us last season and passing his exams in June. Man City never wanted to sell him, Pep rates him highly, but they couldn't obtain the visa because as you say he didn't fit the requirements. Nobody should be shocked here, it was always the plan, I think if anything it may have just been accelerated due to his level of performances - he was always going back though. It was essentially a loan move that made us a fair bit of money; Douglas proved his worth, Man City get their man back with a work permit and we stayed in the PL. Everybody won.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Looks like an inside joke to be honest. If he really knew he was off to City, he wouldn't be reacting to a clickbait article like one of us plebes. 

yeah i agree it looks weird

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It’s entirely possible that his brother is just proud of his development. It’s easy to overanalyse it. He didn’t exactly say it’s a done deal. 

now now, that's far too sensible a reaction. join the meltdown like everyone else. it's much more fun.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Unless it was purely to get around his work permit issues. 

That's all this was. A glorified loan deal, city couldn't get a work permit but we could as we met the criteria, now the work permit isn't an issue and how he played towards the end if the season in particular, city want him back 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

dunno about anyone else but i'm still none the wiser as to what that means

My read is that A) his bro is giving the article credibility, and B. his bro feels that by Citeh buying him back that he has finally completed his journey there. I think it looks quite clear IMHO. 

Seems very very weird if it's true. 

Personally I'm more bothered about us losing a first team member that's gelled with that squad over a season, than his respective quality. He was largely poor to average last season the run in excluded. It just sucks that we get so many new players all the time and never get a spine settled. 

Either way, financially solid business. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If we get the replacement right then no issue. 

Like @KenjiOgiwara alluded to above, whoever we get will likely have to gel and settle with this team which could take some time so we'll be starting from square one. Plus, for 25m I'm not sure we can find a better player than post-lockdown Luiz. Really shit situation.

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Favela

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

dunno about anyone else but i'm still none the wiser as to what that means

It's a word to describe a poor or run down area. A slum or a shithole.

Not sure I would be jumping to conclusions on this one just yet folks...

Edit: 

Spoiler

Without reading into it too much, Rocinha is Brazil's biggest one.     :detect:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â