Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

42 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

City are close to signing Diego Rosa, a young Brazilian midfielder, they have Rodri also. 

Yeah, that means I don’t think they’ll exercise the clause.

And they won’t exercise the clause to strengthen a competitor just for the sake of £10m-£15m or so.

Let's not forget there was a new rule introduced a few years ago where a player cannot be at 3 clubs in one season.

This means Man City cannot buy him back to just sell him on, so the question really is if they feel he is ready to become a first team squad member or not.

I personally don't think he is yet so we have nothing to worry about.

Only got ourselves to blame when you make these deals. 

Ultimately he helped us survive but now its a huge hole in a very important position that needs filling. 

I'm starting to get nervous. 

Edited by DCJonah

Was hoping to get a second season out of him, I don’t understand why Man City didn’t just loan him if they were going to take him back after one season.

Essentially they have paid us £10m for a one year loan (usually it’s the other way around!). Unless it was purely to get around his work permit issues. 

Damn that really hurts. I was looking forward to having a team built around him and Jack next season.

Though I will say if his brother really was privy to this information, he wouldn't be posting that on Twitter congratulating Douglas? Seems a weird thing to do.

• Like 1

Right now, if this speculation is true, our front 6 looks like this:

---------------------------?-------------------------------
-----?--------------Grealish---------------------?---
--------------McGinn-----?---------------------------

We have a lot of work to do. With the vultures circling around Grealish too, we are not looking good for next season.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Damn that really hurts. I was looking forward to having a team built around him and Jack next season.

Though I will say if his brother really was privy to this information, he wouldn't be posting that on Twitter congratulating Douglas? Seems a weird thing to do.

Agreed. Also, what does Favela won, mean? Is that just a poor translation? Seems bizarre tweeting a news article as well? 
And, there is the work permit issue...don't Man City need to prove he is in the top 25% of their earners or some weird criteria like that? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Right now, if this speculation is true, our front 6 looks like this:

---------------------------?-------------------------------
-----?--------------?---------------------?---
--------------McGinn-----?---------------------------

We have a lot of work to do. With the vultures circling around Grealish too, we are not looking good for next season.

FTFY

• Sad 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. Also, what does Favela won, mean? Is that just a poor translation? Seems bizarre tweeting a news article as well? 
And, there is the work permit issue...don't Man City need to prove he is in the top 25% of their earners or some weird criteria like that? 

Looks like an inside joke to be honest. If he really knew he was off to City, he wouldn't be reacting to a clickbait article like one of us plebes. 

• Like 2

IF he goes that's a big loss, but at least this is a decent deal for us rather than the usual loan deals we agree to. 

It's a player that helped us stay in the league and a 10mil profit in one season. 

Again IF he goes we will need a decent replacement.

Â