Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I believe the buy back option exists for 2 years. Man City don’t have to rush right now if they don’t feel they need him. They can keep monitoring him. I believe the fee they’d have to pay may go up with time, but I doubt that would be a significant factor  

What so if city dont trigger within 2 years they cant trigger after that and hes ours??

• Like 2

14 hours ago, weedman said:

Its been way longer than a year, they've been doing clickbait for as long as anyone else has and I can't figure out why as there's no advertising 

BBC does have advertising online outside of the UK, so maybe they're doing clickbait for an international audience. 

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

What so if city dont trigger within 2 years they cant trigger after that and hes ours??

Yeah the clause is for two years from the day he signed for us. If they trigger it before that date they get him for the agreed fee inserted in the clause, whatever that may be. My guess is that if City ever activate the clause it would be undisclosed.

If they ever decided they wanted to sign him after the date of the clause then they’d have to pay what we want for him. 

That’s just my idea on it. I may well be wrong. Like my previous post says I don’t think any of us know the exact ins and outs of the deal. We all just have an idea.

• Like 2

Found this on this article whether true or not I dont know but that would be amazing if we could get city to drop the buy back clause, which would mean we pay them extra coinage:

However, there is, at the same time, no obligation for City to trigger the clause - and indeed it's been suggested that clubs can work together to remove the clause from a player's contract in the future.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/douglas-luiz-buy-back-clause-16586315

16 minutes ago, Spoony said:

If we want to progress as a club, we need to chain him to the gates of Villa Park and waterboard some Man City officials until that clause is removed. 

I spose you want to electriccute some city balls as well ay?

Â