Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

32 minutes ago, Wes said:

Last week it was reported it was not in their plans to activate their clause this year. Now suddenly they are?

I think there may be some lost in translation going on here. I think it is merely stating there is a clause and that Manchester City could activate it. The main point of the article seems to be about of the benefit of a sell on clause to Douglas Luiz's previous clubs.

We will just have to wait and see.... And hope.

Well they lost to lyon in that week. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s all speculation. I don’t see City buying him back. He just doesn’t fit their structure. Relax guys. 

I can't see it either. Although a very good player, I can't really see him being good enough for a team aiming for 100 points next season.

23 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I don’t see what has changed with him. Will not be one of the highest earners and the fee will not be one of their highest, unless that single cap was enough to get the permit.

that cap was given at a time where he didn’t deserve it. If he gets a permit because of it it stinks of city asking for him to be capped. 

Wesley got capped in the same international break and Luiz is their youth squad captain. Perfectly reasonable for them to cap him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silent_Bob said:

He can, unless he has signed a contract with City before coming here for this eventuality.

He has a £25m buy out clause exclusive to City. But we can only guarantee that their offer will be accepted. Not that he wants to join them.

And the probability of him saying to city "nah" ......

Best hope and still probable that city won't want him back just yet.

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just can't see it. They got enough money to buy the finished world class player for their midfield. Buying him now to save a potential £10 million next season for them makes no difference, but what do I know. 

Which is rodri their record signing

Says to me that pep has decided fernandinho and gundogan aren't good enough any more

Thought we'd get one more year, post lockdown he was incredible, pre lockdown he wasn't... He had some stinkers this season, not sure he's ready for city 

That's if you believe the article 

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

don't think it's about 'getting away' with anything. it was a deal that benefited all parties. if luiz wanted to leave city permanently, he wouldn't have signed for us with this clause in place and i imagine his contract includes mention of said buy back, probably including figures etc of wages when he returns to city

Thanks. 

But what if the player changes his mind? This buyback clause lasts for a few years, a lot can change. I guess its a contract and he agreed to it, I'm just quite surprised. 

Always thought the player had some say in these when they were activated. 

Edited by DCJonah

him turning down the contract is clutching at straws

my alternative clutching is that this leak will cause villa to move to buy the buy back clause out, which would be shit for our FFP but free money for city's FFP, we get told that they're thinking of buying him back so we table £15m to bin the clause off

Â